Screwed up bootimg, no custom ROMs install :(

This is a discussion on Screwed up bootimg, no custom ROMs install :( within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello! So a while ago a started a thread here asking for help cause one of my previous custom rom installs failed. Long story short, ...

Thread: Screwed up bootimg, no custom ROMs install :(

Screwed up bootimg, no custom ROMs install :(

Hello!

So a while ago a started a thread here asking for help cause one of my previous custom rom installs failed. Long story short, I couldn't boot into anything, custom recovery was gone and only the bootloader and stock recovery were accessible.

Luckily post 11 got my phone working (at least I can get it to boot into stock).

However, now that I had my phone working again, following the same instructions DOES NOT allow me to install most roms. I managed to root it with oneclick, but only some custom ROMs work, some don't.

I wanted to go back to Cyanogen, but during install it gives me a status 7 update and the installation is aborted going through other custom ROMs, only the MIUI "the bundle" ROM installs for me with no problems.

Even when it does install, I notice that in recovery it says there is no sd-ext.

I asked for help in another forum where a user posted his own ROM and he said status 7 usually means I have messed up my bootimg (which I suspect is from the problem I first had). So I tried doing this but I keep getting: "FAILED: <remote: signature verify fail"

I'd really like to fix these problems so that I can install customs roms and in general allow me to jump back to stock like I could before. Any help please?
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The post 11 link isn't English, so I've no idea what you did, but if it reverted you to stock, you can't use the same method to root and flash custom ROMs.

Which boot version, recovery, and radio do you have?

Read this wiki, also:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...itle=Nexus_One

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    The post 11 link isn't English, so I've no idea what you did, but if it reverted you to stock, you can't use the same method to root and flash custom ROMs.

Which boot version, recovery, and radio do you have?

Read this wiki, also:
    Nexus One - XDA-Developers

Here is some info:
    HBOOT-.35.0017
    I'm using clockwork recovery (from ROM manager)
    Radio-5.08.00.04 (If you mean going by the FR naming scheme... It says FRF91)

I've just read over that wiki, and it turns out I have already tried these methods...

Here are the problems I encounter when trying to revert to stock (following this):

Using PASSIMG method:
    It either tells me "HBOOT main version is older" or it scans the PASSIMG and does nothing (tried 4 different files). Either way I cannot apply the PASSIMG.

Does "HBOOT main version is older" mean I would need to apply some kind of update to HBOOT itself to make the PASSIMG to work?

Using fastboot:
    At step 6: "fastboot erase userdata " doesn't work. I did a wipe from recovery and it tells me there is no SD-EXT... but it completes anyway.

Step 9-11: gives me a "FAILED: <remote: signature verify fail" error and I am not able to proceed.
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

Bootloader is probably the problem, but it's because you have the newer Korean version...

Use this to roll back bootloader to 33:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=726258

Bootloader is probably the problem, but it's because you have the newer Korean version...

Use this to roll back bootloader to 33:
    [HOW-TO] Revert HBOOT 0.35.0017 to 0.33.0012 - xda-developers

Hello again

after a tedious process of:
    unlocking the bootloader (I had it locked and used universal androot for roms before) and rooting using superboot, I was able to follow the instructions to roll back to 33.

As we speak, Cyanogen 6 (I'm waiting for 6.1 to come out of RC... MIUI is good looking, but lacks functionality of CM6...) installed successfully, but boot looped me on the first install. A quick wipe of the userdata and cache has fixed that!

However, during the back up process for stock rom, the app2sd partition was not found. Is this just the partition on the SD card? I remember partitioning once before with clockwork...

All in all I can now flash custom roms again thanks danger-rat +1 karma for you!! It has been a LONG learning experience for me :D

Great!
    They say that experience is something you get, just after you needed it... xD

Great!
    They say that experience is something you get, just after you needed it... xD

Yes Thanks again.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links