Nexus One to Desire

This is a discussion on Nexus One to Desire within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I've unlocked my nexus one and rooted and currently running cyanogen 5.0.8. is it possible to run the software that the htc desire uses? And ...

Thread: Nexus One to Desire

Nexus One to Desire

I've unlocked my nexus one and rooted and currently running cyanogen 5.0.8.
    is it possible to run the software that the htc desire uses? And also have the 720p video and FM radio or are there reliable custom roms i should look for?
    can i retain my bought apps when i upgrade too?
    Can someone give me a blow by blow of how to go about it as i can't remember where the thread is that walked me through what i did before.
    Also any download links please

Thanks
    Scott

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Newest cyan build has everything you want you can even pick it up from the app called "rom manager" in the market. I would also recommend titanium backup aswell just so you get everything

Engraved using pure root
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Check Modaco

Quote Originally Posted by beedie View Post
    I've unlocked my nexus one and rooted and currently running cyanogen 5.0.8.
    is it possible to run the software that the htc desire uses? And also have the 720p video and FM radio or are there reliable custom roms i should look for?
    can i retain my bought apps when i upgrade too?
    Can someone give me a blow by blow of how to go about it as i can't remember where the thread is that walked me through what i did before.
    Also any download links please

Thanks
    Scott
    Paul over at Modaco has a Desire port for the N1. You're looking for R24.

There are several Desire style roms that also use the Sense UI that are from the Desire.
    I have been enjoying MicroMod's Desire SuperHybrid.

[ROM]MM's v2.12 Desire SuperHybrid (925mV Battery Saver Kernel, Wifi-Calln) 11/20/10 - xda-developers

Note that you need to install a newer radio and recovery to use it.
    Nexus One
    Amon_RA recovery v2.2.1
    CM 7 Nightly
    Radio 32.50.00.32U_5.12.00.08

Can i keep all my apps or when i perform a wipe will that get rid of all user data?
    Might have to have a look at some custom ROMs as thats what everyone seems to be suggesting.
    Any step by step guides as i cant remember how to do it properly?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beedie View Post
    Can i keep all my apps or when i perform a wipe will that get rid of all user data?
    Might have to have a look at some custom ROMs as thats what everyone seems to be suggesting.
    Any step by step guides as i cant remember how to do it properly?
    Thanks
    You can back them up with Titanium Backup. Sometimes some get lost in the mix. It is usually not too many though. You usually lose things like mail settings and those kind of things depending on the rom. There are ways to backup text messages but I never have. With some roms I have lost my exchange settings but kept my handcent settings; it can be a little weird but not too major. You will lose all your screen layouts and stuff in most cases. If in doubt, backup everything using Titanium backup and do a nandroid backup. Then backup your SD card on your computer.

I think the link I had has a guide for that rom. It is a bit involved though requiring a new recovery and new radio. Do some research, usually the OP has a guide or close to it on the first post. Look at the screenshots and see what they have. More popular roms generally have more info to search through for answers to questions.

When I started flashing roms with Cyanogen 6, it took me a while to sort out what was really going on and what I was doing. It takes a while to figure everything out but you are better off that way because you can fix problems yourself.
    Nexus One
    Amon_RA recovery v2.2.1
    CM 7 Nightly
    Radio 32.50.00.32U_5.12.00.08

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links