Kang-o-Rama 1.1b1

This is a discussion on Kang-o-Rama 1.1b1 within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I just installed this rom and my initial impression is WOW. This is a really neat rom so far. Customization is off the hook. Internal ...

Thread: Kang-o-Rama 1.1b1

Kang-o-Rama 1.1b1

I just installed this rom and my initial impression is WOW. This is a really neat rom so far. Customization is off the hook. Internal memory is awesome. Of all the recent roms I have tried this one has left me with the most internal memory after all my apps are loaded than with all the others.

Plus it has all of cyanogens full customization included is really neat. Its like having cyanogen but has been customized the heck out of. Will have to keep this on for a few days to see how it hangs.

For all of you who havent tried this rom yet, I encourage you to give it a shot.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I agree 100% thisthe hands down best rom I have used.
    GO BRONCOS!!!!

To tell you the truth I am still in awe how this was put together. I love all the options and extra's that were put into it. And to boot it is blazing fast. When I open the google browser it opens pages faster than my computer. And all this at 998MHz. I will certainly enjoy this rom.

I hope the dev can eventually include wifi calling. That would just top all.

DragonGunner

Yeah I've had the same experience. This rom looks great, and runs great. Very impressive. I just hope the kang-o-rama keep on top of this.
    GO BRONCOS!!!!

Hey card0124,

Do you happen to know what the following are:

1. The Droid Collection 1.0
    2. IQ Icons By Hockey 1.0
    3. HDdroid Icons 1.0

They all take up tons of space and dont show up in the app drawer. If not important I want to delete to enable more internal space but dont want to get rid of them if they are used for something unforseen.

Thanks,

DragonGunner

I'm not too sure either to be honest with you. I tried downloading launcherpro to see if they were just alternative icon selections, but no luck there. I posted on xda asking what they did so I will post back here as soon as I find out. Also I took a few screenshots for everyone to look at. I uploaded the picture of the dock to show it is the normal 3d one which i missed so much.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    GO BRONCOS!!!!

Thanks for asking over on XDA. Really appreciate it. I kind of figured it was some type of icon pack but just wanted to make certain. I did a nandroid (just in case) and deleted them. I may also delete Kangs wallpaper pack as I really wont use them much. That will save another 7475kb. I am using LPP as I love the ability to resize my widgets and love the LPP widgets.

*Got rid of a few other programs that kang uses and now I have 126mb of internal space left with all my apps installed. Thats friggin awesome.

DragonGunner

A few things worth mentioning about this rom that others should know. The dev has made a power widget menu in the notifications pull down menu that mimicks the one used in the MIUI rom. The power widgets are customizable in the cyanogen settings menu. This is a great touch and the first I have seen outside of the miui rom.

The dev also made it possible to add music/phone/messaging to the lockscreen menu. Also a great touch.

Recent custom animations have been added and can be tweaked. Making the animations faster is best. This feature is or was in Rod's miuimod rom but is way better on this rom.

Most all of the dev's added apps can very easily removed leaving you with tons of internal storage space.

DT apps to SD is used and I really dont know much about it. A long time ago I partitioned my sd card via rom manager and have never touched it since. Everything must be automatic on this rom because I never had to use terminal emulator commands for anything.

Oh and I absolutely love the World clock that has been added to this rom. Best one I've use so far.

I may have a new favorite rom (is it even possible to have a favorite rom with all these great choices these days).

Happy Flashing!

DragonGunner

Well I never got a real answer on what they were but from what i can tell they are used for open home so I am going to get rid of them also, and to make one more statement cm6.1 rc1 had the pull down power widgets originally I believe.
    GO BRONCOS!!!!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links