got a very strange situation

This is a discussion on got a very strange situation within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi Guys please forgive me for posting this if it has already been discussed but I felt the question was too long for a search. ...

Thread: got a very strange situation

got a very strange situation

Hi Guys please forgive me for posting this if it has already been discussed but I felt the question was too long for a search.

To give you a bit of background. About a week ago I was running stock ROM with clockworkmod recovery. I used fastboot to flash the original stock FRG83 recovery image so I could get rid of the bloody OTA reminders and update the system.

Everything went fine with the update and I re-rooted then re-flashed the clockworkmod recovery via ROM manager and that seemed to go fine I did a backup and all was well.

Now the past few days I have woken up to find the phone in the sitting there with the android warning triangle to which I press power and +vol and you guessed it what happens is I am in stock recovery. I then reboot, open up ROM manager and flash the clockworkmod recovery again.

The first day it happened I tested it by booting into recovery and it was from the rom manager and I did a backup from the ROMmanager and all was fine and went off without a hitch so I thought it was all sorted.

However I found the same situation today where I went through the same steps and I got into clockworkmod recovery from the ROM manager but couldn't do a backup or access recovery manually via trackball/power then into the recovery option via fastboot on the phone. All that would come up was the standard recovery screen adroid triangle again.

So the the questions are .... What the hell, do I have 2 recovery images? And how do I rectify this. I was under the assumption that when you flashed the clockworkmod recovery it replaced the existing recovery?

Is it somethign where I will have to use Adb or fastboot to erase the recovery then try reflashing the clockworkmod recovery manually and or reinstalling the rom manager?

Oh and please note that I will prob wait for gingerbread to come out before fixing this as cant be arsed having to do all this again, bloody OTA's!!! lol

Cheers for all your help in advance people.

Kind regards,

Craig

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Bump anyone?

I have never heard of this. If it were my phone, I would flash a new recovery using another method like fastboot. Maybe it is time to try a new one. I dont use clockwork mod any more but if I did, I would delete it and reinstall it, make sure you have the newest version before flashing the new clockwork recovery.
    Nexus One
    Amon_RA recovery v2.2.1
    CM 7 Nightly
    Radio 32.50.00.32U_5.12.00.08

Hey sorry about the delay in response.

By delete are you meaning go into fastboot and use fastboot erase recovery then after that try manually flashing the RA 2.0.0 image?

How did you root? 1 click style or fastboot oem unlock(with adb)?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Delete the following files:
    /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
    /system/recovery-from-boot.p

You can use Root Explorer...

As you can probably guess, these files install stock recovery at reboot...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Cheers for the info Danger will give it a go

Slice, I used modaco's superboot method to root.

recovery-from-boot.p & install-recovery.sh [RESOLVED]

Danger-rat, as you suspected it was those two files.

for any unsuspecting people that come across similar then here is what I input in the terminal emulator on the phone:

# mount -o remount,rw /dev/null /system
    # mv /system/recovery-from-boot.p /system/recovery-from-boot.p.bak
    # mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
    # reboot

did a quick reflash to be sure then tested on a quickboot to recovery then manually to bootloader then recovery and all was good with the world lol.

Thanks again all posters.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links