planning to install cyanogen mod for the first time...need little help..

This is a discussion on planning to install cyanogen mod for the first time...need little help.. within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; For apps check out this link where Market enabler is mentioned. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3BMgNDwJfg]YouTube - Desire vs. Nexus One[/ame]...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: planning to install cyanogen mod for the first time...need little help..

For apps check out this link where Market enabler is mentioned.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3BMgNDwJfg]YouTube - Desire vs. Nexus One[/ame]

I used SuperOneClick the second time around after losing Universal Androot after FRG83D update and it worked great. It does require a PC to complete, but it's fairly easy to accomplish once set up. Get the newest version as they update regularly to fix bugs. It may require one or two attempts to root as it cycles through the rootcomand process.

Once you are rooted, download ROM Manager from the Market, and then use that to make a nandroid backup of your stock FRG83D software, and name it so you won't delete it by accident. This will be your first step to recovery if something happens. Note: make sure you click Flash ClockworkMod Recovery before you do any step in ROM Manager, or you'll get a white triangle with an android next to it, and then you'll have to do a power button/up volume to get into a recovery reboot, and start over again.

After that, I would recommend downloading Titanium Backup from the Market and back up all your apps and user data, it's a great program.

Once you have done that, then I would download CyanogenMod 6.1.0 stable release as it has all the goodies and is as stated, stable.

Take your time as this whole process can take up to 30+ minutes from start to finish from Root, Backup, Apps backup, and downloading & flashing CM6.1.

One final note, when the phone reboots after you flash CM6.1, the :nexusx: logo will stay on screen for some time (I've had a 2 minute wait once). Don't remove the battery just be patient during this time.

Hope this helps. :nexusx:

If I waned to add Dark Tremor App2SD, would I flash that file at the same time
    I'm flahsing CM6.1 or it can be done afterward at anytime?
    Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED
    Cyanogen Mod Nightly ROM

You can do it anytime, as long as your SD is partitioned. There's a command to move everything that's already installed.

I tried it for apps, but found using Titanium backup to move my apps to SD gave better results.

I then used it to move my dalvic to the cache partition, and now run around 100+ Meg of free space!

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    You can do it anytime, as long as your SD is partitioned. There's a command to move everything that's already installed.

I tried it for apps, but found using Titanium backup to move my apps to SD gave better results.

I then used it to move my dalvic to the cache partition, and now run around 100+ Meg of free space!

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Thank you. Gonna try it soon.:nexusx:
    Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED
    Cyanogen Mod Nightly ROM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links