CM v6.1.1 VS Miui 0.12.11 v2.2

This is a discussion on CM v6.1.1 VS Miui 0.12.11 v2.2 within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Pros and Cons for both I'm on miui and plan on sticking with it but of course the grass is always greener on the other ...

Thread: CM v6.1.1 VS Miui 0.12.11 v2.2

Wink CM v6.1.1 VS Miui 0.12.11 v2.2

Pros and Cons for both
    I'm on miui and plan on sticking with it but of course the grass is always greener on the other side. Is it worth wiping data? Thank god for amon_ra recovery and titanium backup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadao View Post
    Anything with an i in the front of it from Apple is not for me.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I was on CM6 and moved to Rod MIUI 1.8 then 2.0 and I think MIUI I like MIUI better. I have no intention of going back to CM at the time being anyway.

From the beginning I never liked the look of miui because it looked too much like the Iphone, but after using it with its stock launcher for about a month I must admit that I have grown very accustomed to it and love it better than any rom hands down.

I love the speed of the rom and battery life, but what keeps me satisfied the most is the theming ability. I have about 15+ themes loaded and change it every day or so.

I am not knocking cyanogen any because it is a great rom with awesome tweaks and goodies and it will always be my first love (first rom I ever flashed) but I can now say without a doubt that I will be married to miui until that date another rom comes along and tempts me to cheat on it.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post
    From the beginning I never liked the look of miui because it looked too much like the Iphone, but after using it with its stock launcher for about a month I must admit that I have grown very accustomed to it and love it better than any rom hands down.

I love the speed of the rom and battery life, but what keeps me satisfied the most is the theming ability. I have about 15+ themes loaded and change it every day or so.

I am not knocking cyanogen any because it is a great rom with awesome tweaks and goodies and it will always be my first love (first rom I ever flashed) but I can now say without a doubt that I will be married to miui until that date another rom comes along and tempts me to cheat on it.
    Agreed on all accounts. I use LP+ so I avoid the iPhone look. Themes are broken in the current release so I can't wait until that's working again.

BTW: LP+ has a new cool feature. You can add a swipe action to the (don't know the name.. the little 4x4 squares icon that takes you to the app drawer) that opens up the recently used app list. It's much easier than long-holding the home key.

Quote Originally Posted by jonno2k View Post

Agreed on all accounts. I use LP+ so I avoid the iPhone look. Themes are broken in the current release so I can't wait until that's working again.

BTW: LP+ has a new cool feature. You can add a swipe action to the (don't know the name.. the little 4x4 squares icon that takes you to the app drawer) that opens up the recently used app list. It's much easier than long-holding the home key.
    I dont know and have never tried but can you use the miui theming ability with LPP?
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

+1 for the theming ability. Whatever tweaks miui doesn't have that is on cm will probably be modded over sooner or later anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadao View Post
    Anything with an i in the front of it from Apple is not for me.

CM was my first love as well, and my introduction to flashing ROMs like crazy. after having been around the block and in and out of bed with almost every ROM stable and unstable, i too have settled down with MIUI. the evil nxsense HD tempted me away and i flirted with it, but like you said, the battery life and smooth speed of MIUI is just unavoidable. such a good lover.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links