Cm7!!

This is a discussion on Cm7!! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Two Dumb Questions/ Requests - 1) HOW TO use Amon Ra & Quick Boot for dummies like me (@danger-rat please??) 2) Which is the most ...

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Cm7!!

Two Dumb Questions/ Requests -

1) HOW TO use Amon Ra & Quick Boot for dummies like me (@danger-rat please??)

2) Which is the most stable Nightly on CM7? Opinions or facts?

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    Two Dumb Questions/ Requests -

1) HOW TO use Amon Ra & Quick Boot for dummies like me (@danger-rat please??)

2) Which is the most stable Nightly on CM7? Opinions or facts?
    1) Amon_RA Recovery is somewhat similiar to clockwork. Its rather dumb proof cuz the options very simple to understand. Good things about it
    - You can mount your SD Card while in recovery. Idk whether clockwork can or not
    - Wiping of partitions more full-proof then the other AFAIK.
    - You can select which partitions u want to backup.
    - Very few cases of problems using Amon_RA Recovery as compared to the other one.

As for Quick Boot, its an app in market. I am using Quick Boot Plus w/option for Hot booting.

2) Stable? Its different for everyone. To me is stable to others may not. I considered Build #3 stable to use as daily driver, right from start of CM7 Nightlies.

Oops I forgot...........maybe Danger-Rat wanna add anymore stuffs not mentioned?

Thank you temasek!

SBS/ Danger... thoughts please...

Nexus One Gingerbread CM7 Update Brings WiFi Calling

I want to move over to the nightlies from my current MUIU monster but i cant seem to navigate the site very well, could someone post a link to a good nightly?
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    Thank you temasek!

SBS/ Danger... thoughts please...

Nexus One Gingerbread CM7 Update Brings WiFi Calling
    As far as I know wifi calling is NOT built into CM7. You can flash unforgiven's wifi app he wrote for CM7.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED
    Cyanogen Mod Nightly ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    I want to move over to the nightlies from my current MUIU monster but i cant seem to navigate the site very well, could someone post a link to a good nightly?
    Teamdouch site

http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?device...n&type=nightly

Quote Originally Posted by temasek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Like above,

I would stop using RM and CW and go with Amon 2.2.1 and get to recovery thru another avenue like Quick Boot--No Issues
    Thank goodness we still have a choice. Some other supported phones must use RM/CW for CM7.

Just hope we continue to have that choice.
    Unfortunately. I don't feel I have a choice. My budget forced me to abandon cable. The only internet I have is my phone. Using it for internet via tethering. I'm not sure I want to download ROMs to my PC with that method. That's why I'm using ROM Manager and CM. RM does have Amon RA Mod. That's why I'm looking for another alternative. I suppose I could download straight to my SD-ext.

I'm happy with CM6, but would really like to try CM7.

Understand Dude

It is not for all--whatever works for you

Amon just does better for some folks and I had issues dl'ing, flashing, restoring with CW thru RM

For some it works great
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I have been reading up as much as possible about the newer hboot that is recommended for CM7 nightlies. I still have the old hboot and have been using the nightlies. I do experience some wonkiness but it seems that others do also even with the newer hboot.

Can anyone please explain to me what it is and why I should update to the newer hboot? Pro's and Con's (if any con's) Is this something that I need to be concerned about? Thanks.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by temasek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Like above,

I would stop using RM and CW and go with Amon 2.2.1 and get to recovery thru another avenue like Quick Boot--No Issues
    Thank goodness we still have a choice. Some other supported phones must use RM/CW for CM7.

Just hope we continue to have that choice.
    Unfortunately. I don't feel I have a choice. My budget forced me to abandon cable. The only internet I have is my phone. Using it for internet via tethering. I'm not sure I want to download ROMs to my PC with that method. That's why I'm using ROM Manager and CM. RM does have Amon RA Mod. That's why I'm looking for another alternative. I suppose I could download straight to my SD-ext.

I'm happy with CM6, but would really like to try CM7.
    You do realize that in the long run, this practice is going to bite us ALL in the a**, right? This type of usage is exactly why tiered service and throttling exist...to keep the data-hungry few from using all the bandwidth that the rest of us need.

I'm not lecturing you, and I most certainly understand budget limitations; but sooner or later (and probably sooner), this is going to cost each of us--in speed, in usage, and money. We'll all lose.

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links