Cm7!!

This is a discussion on Cm7!! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I say for browsing/surfing, tethering is fine...if doing serious routine downloading, bittorrents, streaming hd vid, etc. and using as a general WAN replacement, tethering is ...

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Cm7!!

I say for browsing/surfing, tethering is fine...if doing serious routine downloading, bittorrents, streaming hd vid, etc. and using as a general WAN replacement, tethering is abuse of the mobile network. I even try to keep my audio streaming curtailed to 128kbps like a good netizen. No brownie points needed, just common sense. We'll eventually get a bit-bucket scenario, like satellite internet has, but it should only impact those that exploit the system.

It's bit us in the ar** in the UK where 4 of the 5 networks only include a basic 500MB on new contracts.

And it's already begun here, too. AT&T has already canceled unlimited data for new customers, and is forcing existing customers who are upgrading to smart phones to go with a tiered system. More than that, they are now charging for tethering--something that is built into Android (and is free on the Nexus One and S)!!

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by temasek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Like above,

I would stop using RM and CW and go with Amon 2.2.1 and get to recovery thru another avenue like Quick Boot--No Issues
    Thank goodness we still have a choice. Some other supported phones must use RM/CW for CM7.

Just hope we continue to have that choice.
    Unfortunately. I don't feel I have a choice. My budget forced me to abandon cable. The only internet I have is my phone. Using it for internet via tethering. I'm not sure I want to download ROMs to my PC with that method. That's why I'm using ROM Manager and CM. RM does have Amon RA Mod. That's why I'm looking for another alternative. I suppose I could download straight to my SD-ext.

I'm happy with CM6, but would really like to try CM7.
    U can always download the rom thru your phone browser and flash the rom thru amon ra recovery. Many I believe including myself are doing this.

Most of the time I waited till I reach home and download rom via my home wifi.

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    Thank goodness we still have a choice. Some other supported phones must use RM/CW for CM7.

Just hope we continue to have that choice.
    Unfortunately. I don't feel I have a choice. My budget forced me to abandon cable. The only internet I have is my phone. Using it for internet via tethering. I'm not sure I want to download ROMs to my PC with that method. That's why I'm using ROM Manager and CM. RM does have Amon RA Mod. That's why I'm looking for another alternative. I suppose I could download straight to my SD-ext.

I'm happy with CM6, but would really like to try CM7.
    U can always download the rom thru your phone browser and flash the rom thru amon ra recovery. Many I believe including myself are doing this.

Most of the time I waited till I reach home and download rom via my home wifi.
    Yeah. That's kinda what I was asking about. How long does it take to dl a ROM on hsdpa?

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    And it's already begun here, too. AT&T has already canceled unlimited data for new customers, and is forcing existing customers who are upgrading to smart phones to go with a tiered system. More than that, they are now charging for tethering--something that is built into Android (and is free on the Nexus One and S)!!
    I'm not doing anything while tethered that's that demanding. Most of the drag is that I'm on full websites instead of mobile ones. But then I'm on here on my phone and not using tapatalk so its pretty much the same. I'm really not a bandwidth hog at all. My biggest vice is downloading mp3's and that's comes to about 20 MBA a week, at the most. I could probably get by with the T-Mobile 250mb planand still tether to PC if I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post
    I have been reading up as much as possible about the newer hboot that is recommended for CM7 nightlies. I still have the old hboot and have been using the nightlies. I do experience some wonkiness but it seems that others do also even with the newer hboot.

Can anyone please explain to me what it is and why I should update to the newer hboot? Pro's and Con's (if any con's) Is this something that I need to be concerned about? Thanks.
    You may alraedy know this DG, but it is a Gingerbread requirement that has been circumnavigated by the current devs like Cyan to allow the GB roms to flash without the upgrade.

Not a techy, but believe it reduces the boot size and increases recovery to accomodate GB and help with the bad boot sectors some people have.

Don't know the details or why's, but that is my limited understanding.

I run fine on .33 and will not update until I have to.

Don't think anything is lost in doing it, haven't heard so anyway.

Possibly some older apps or roms--don't know.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Yea, I think most of us are a couple gb per month. It is the heavy addicts using 5gb and more that are the badboys. Are those the bittorrent users? Not sure what that means exactly. I know there is a dl program called torrent, I think.

Wera you gotta get rooted, assume you have not done that yet.

You are just jealous--

Just kidding--don't ban me--

I think it will be more of a problem as the number of phones continues to grow world wide. I am probably to old to worry about it though.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I use a couple of GiG a week, my last bill totalled at 6Gb of 3G data and almost 22Gb using Wifi lol and i am still only classed as a medium user by Vodafone who try and cap me at 500Mb but a nice reminder of who signed up for UNLIMITED while it still stood for UNLIMITED and who has not singed a new contract normally gets them to back off :P
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

OK, he is the one Wera

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links