Cm7!!

This is a discussion on Cm7!! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Speaking of data usage-- I just changed to TMobile from CBW and in two weeks show 750mb usage. Up until yesterday it was around 200. ...

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Cm7!!

Speaking of data usage--

I just changed to TMobile from CBW and in two weeks show 750mb usage. Up until yesterday it was around 200. last night we did some video chat for 5 minutes max to test it and my phone went from 100 to 200 so the other phone should not have incurred any more. Don't see where it could have jumped to 750mb. Will research both phones tonite and reset the data meter apps at start of next months bill.

Question is: I thought if you were on wifi as in using my router and att dsl internet lines with the phone, that did not go against TMO's phone data usage. Am I wrong? When I connect to my home's wifi, am I not off of TMO for data. Maybe not, since I could still make a call if I wanted to. Haven't looked into wifi calling with TMO.

Any thoughts,

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Anyone else using the new Honeycomb theme from here: Honeycomb Theme - CM7 Theme - HDPI Devices - xda-developers

I am and I friggin love it. Its not quite complete but I have yet to find any problems with it. If you havent tried it, give it a whirl. Its awesome.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

All really nice looking DG

Am using CyanBread now and like it

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Speaking of data usage--

I just changed to TMobile from CBW and in two weeks show 750mb usage. Up until yesterday it was around 200. last night we did some video chat for 5 minutes max to test it and my phone went from 100 to 200 so the other phone should not have incurred any more. Don't see where it could have jumped to 750mb. Will research both phones tonite and reset the data meter apps at start of next months bill.

Question is: I thought if you were on wifi as in using my router and att dsl internet lines with the phone, that did not go against TMO's phone data usage. Am I wrong? When I connect to my home's wifi, am I not off of TMO for data. Maybe not, since I could still make a call if I wanted to. Haven't looked into wifi calling with TMO.

Any thoughts,

Ken
    I think you need to shut off all data when you go on wifi in order to avoid adding extra MB's rugman. I'm finding T-Mobile to have become VERY unfriendly since Christmas. I gave my gf the Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant they replaced my Fender with. She doesn't have a data plan. Just uses wifi. I did this to avoid any charges. Well. Come to find out, they made it so that she can't send or recieve any media messages without data. They want her to get a $1.99 a MB plan so that she can receive pictures in text messages. What a load of crap!

What used to be Americas best customer service and friendliest network is quickly becoming nasty just like ATT and Verizon. I think I'll be switching to Sprint when my contract runs out.

Thanks dude,

My son did that and will tell him to continue. Some one on MT4g forum said they should not be charging. I must wait till end of billing cycle and see. Will call them, since on the web for my account it only goes back to the 11th when we got the MT4g and shows no high usage at all for either the MT or N1. They need to publish the dates I used it. Maybe when we were on the trial period about 10 days with temp numbers. We also swapped sims after the MT was activated and numbers ported from CBW. Kinda confusing.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

This thread has been hijacked x-(
    wera do something rather than just ranting off topic

Sorry aseems. I knew better. If you want to PM me rugmankc, feel free.

If aseems pm's me, l'll develope an unrooting app and pm him back and when he opens it he will be back to unrooted.

Ain't much to discuss on CM7 lately. Need RC1

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by temasek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post

Unfortunately. I don't feel I have a choice. My budget forced me to abandon cable. The only internet I have is my phone. Using it for internet via tethering. I'm not sure I want to download ROMs to my PC with that method. That's why I'm using ROM Manager and CM. RM does have Amon RA Mod. That's why I'm looking for another alternative. I suppose I could download straight to my SD-ext.

I'm happy with CM6, but would really like to try CM7.
    U can always download the rom thru your phone browser and flash the rom thru amon ra recovery. Many I believe including myself are doing this.

Most of the time I waited till I reach home and download rom via my home wifi.
    Yeah. That's kinda what I was asking about. How long does it take to dl a ROM on hsdpa?
    If on a non peak period and on teamdouch mirror #1, a 80mb rom would take me just a few minutes on mobile data downloading.

Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post
    Anyone else using the new Honeycomb theme from here: Honeycomb Theme - CM7 Theme - HDPI Devices - xda-developers

I am and I friggin love it. Its not quite complete but I have yet to find any problems with it. If you havent tried it, give it a whirl. Its awesome.
    Just dl the theme. It's awesome. Thanks for the share.

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links