[ROM] AOSP Gingerbread v16

This is a discussion on [ROM] AOSP Gingerbread v16 within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Glad you got it Snickolaz Which recovery are you using?...

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: [ROM] AOSP Gingerbread v16

Glad you got it Snickolaz

Which recovery are you using?
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Glad you got it Snickolaz

Which recovery are you using?
    I'm using ROM Manager with ClockworkMod 2.5.1.0. I booted into recovery to make a 1GB partition because ROM Manager only had the option to do 512MB. It did make the partition an ext3 partition by default, I checked it with GParted to double check.

512 is ok until you want to flash an HD rom

on the RM UI there should be an option to flash Amon_Ra 2.1.1. you can get 1gb with it. same procedure--back up sd first. it will do ext2, then you need to select 2 to 3.

only one recovery at a time--so flash back to CW after partition done, if you ever do it. many people prefer amon

on the two recoveries--CW thru the RM UI has a "fix permissions" option to try if you ever have issues. amon has a repair sdext, if it doesn't mount sdext for some reason. i have used it, but also have lost sd card several times. that's why I recommend backing it up regulary. this is fun but sometimes dangerous, flashing roms

one last tip if you don't already know: i and others like to boot into recovery whether CW or amon thru a third party app like Quick Boot. never any issues. RM sometimes has problems, so i don't use the interface for anything. actually use amon 100% right now

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Cool, thanks for the heads up! I've used the quick boot app before, but I noticed in this ROM that if you hold the power button down to turn off the phone, there's and option to reboot and boot into recovery. So I've been using that instead of the app, works pretty good too!

Sounds good

Guess I use Quick Boot to save on pwr button

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Any chance this ROM is going to get updated to the newest Gingerbread that was just released to SDK?

Android 2.3.3 announced with more developer-friendly access to NFC -- Engadget

Quote Originally Posted by Snickolaz View Post
    Any chance this ROM is going to get updated to the newest Gingerbread that was just released to SDK?

Person developing this rom no longer even has a nexus one.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED
    Cyanogen Mod Nightly ROM

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snickolaz View Post

Person developing this rom no longer even has a nexus one.

Aww that's sad... So should I change my ROM to something different now, or wait? I really like this rom though, any suggestions of another rom that has app2sd installed?

Question Official OTA 2.3.3

So I've been using this rom and loving it (and heartbroken that it won't be updated anymore by the creator) but this morning woke up with the official OTA upgrade message for 2.3.3.

I thought that custom ROMs didn't get official OTAs? Not only is this a custom ROM but even my kernel is different but I still got the upgrade prompt.

It's kinda funny considering I would never receive the OTAs before I rooted and was stock.

So I know I shouldn't do the upgrade because it'll mess up the custom ROM and/or the root I currently run, am I right?

You will definitely lose root.
    My recommendation would be to switch to a rooted stock, and ditch the AOSP...

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links