[ROM] AOSP Gingerbread v16

This is a discussion on [ROM] AOSP Gingerbread v16 within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; OK awesome, I'm guessing the rooted stock ROMs would be very similar to this one as that is pretty much all this was? Thanks for ...

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: [ROM] AOSP Gingerbread v16

OK awesome, I'm guessing the rooted stock ROMs would be very similar to this one as that is pretty much all this was?

Thanks for the advice! I have noticed a few quirks with this ROM that would be awesome if fixed in 2.3.3.

The AOSP builds are typically compiled from the source, and trend to lack any device specific optimization. I'm not sure if that is the case here, but I suspect that why it is no longer being developed...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I switched to a rooted stock rom, haven't had any problems with it either!

[ROM] GRI40 Stock, Deodexed, rooted, busybox, battery %, TB alert 2/25/11 - xda-developers

Cool, does that ROM also do A2SD Snickolaz? If so It's probably exactly what I want.

I just don't understand why the custom ROMs need to have such extensively disfigured and ass-ugly UI skins and launchers?? If ppl want to make their menus look like a Pokemon game after install I'm sure there's an app for that...

Well that was a complete waste of time hahaha. What a headache it was trying to get A2SD working with that stock ROM (as in unsuccess).

I tried a million different ways to get it working. First, after install, A2SD said SD card wasn't mounted so I repartitioned the SD card, then restored all SD card data to Fat32 and that didn't work. I can never seem to EVER get Titanium Backup to work so that was not much help, most apps came back as 'not installed' and I was even missing Market after Titanium restore (which is odd because I needed Market to download it in the first place).

So how do you guys successfully migrate to a new ROM without all this hassle??

Currently I'm running that AOSP ROM 2.3.1 with only some apps on EXT through A2SD (not cache or anything else).

Do I:

1. Install new ROM
    2. Install A2SD
    3. Repartition the SD card so A2SD can find it and then restore the FAT32 stuff
    3. Install and run my app + data Titanium restore
    4. ???
    5. Profit

I was hoping recovery had an option to just restore the A2SD/EXT Nandroid backup but it looks like you can only restore everything at once.

Thanks for your input!
    rAy

There's a few A2SD type apps on the market these days, like link2sd...

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    There's a few A2SD type apps on the market these days, like link2sd...
    I just read up on Link2SD, that just might solve my problem. Everything else seemed to work right.

Of course just like anyone else I'm just trying to save myself from another low space icon in the notification bar with a 16GB card installed... I think I'll snap hahaha.

I'll give it a try, thanks again!

I had problems with A2SD when I used this AOSP rom, so when I switched I didn't bother setting up A2SD. I might give it another try, but I've had all the same problems like Ray2Jerry just said. They say the latest beta of A2SD works and same with the current stable version.

As for the Titanium problem, I had a problem too from the start. Then I remember that it likes to be in USB debugging mode for it to work right. So I turned that back on and it's been working fine ever since then.

I recommend ALWAYS having usb debugging enabled anyway, just in case you ever need to use adb to get you out of a sticky spot...

I'm also starting to think that the first thing you should do when your warranty expires is unlock the bootloader. Again, just in case...

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    I recommend ALWAYS having usb debugging enabled anyway, just in case you ever need to use adb to get you out of a sticky spot...

I'm also starting to think that the first thing you should do when your warranty expires is unlock the bootloader. Again, just in case...

I agree, unlocking the bootloader was probably one of the best things I've done. Normally I have the USB debugging on all the time, I just never turned it on when I first flashed a different rom so I never thought about doing it. Sometimes you just have to learn from your mistakes.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links