[ROM] AOSP Gingerbread v16

This is a discussion on [ROM] AOSP Gingerbread v16 within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Yeah I read that part, just a little confused about when I should partition my sd card. I installed the image as it is and ...

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROM] AOSP Gingerbread v16

Yeah I read that part, just a little confused about when I should partition my sd card. I installed the image as it is and I saw something mention I didn't have my card partitioned right, but it went on and installed. Can I partition the card now then run the command to get it going?

One note:

You should get an auto reboot after a2sd reinstall

and then reboot after a2sd cachesd

sometimes I getting typing too quick and the auto reboot surprises me
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by Snickolaz View Post
    Yeah I read that part, just a little confused about when I should partition my sd card. I installed the image as it is and I saw something mention I didn't have my card partitioned right, but it went on and installed. Can I partition the card now then run the command to get it going?
    Yes you can partition your card now
    Installing dt a2sd will not effect anything till you run the commands.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED
    Cyanogen Mod Nightly ROM

Back up the sdcard before partitioning

Doing a nandroid wouldn't hurt either
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Back up the sdcard before partitioning

Doing a nandroid wouldn't hurt either
    Yep I've done both, doing some double checking right now, any suggests on size of the partitions I should do?

If you want to play with Micro's HD-Desire Rom, best there is, you'll need a 1gb partition. The roms are over 250mb. That's if your card is big enough to support it.

Also, use 0 swap

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    If you want to play with Micro's HD-Desire Rom, best there is, you'll need a 1gb partition. The roms are over 250mb. That's if your card is big enough to support it.

Also, use 0 swap

Ken
    Cool, I'll just setup a 1GB ext3 partition then. I've got an 8GB card, so there's plenty of room. After I enable the Apps2SD then will I simply be able to copy all of my apps to the SD card that way? Or will it do it automatically? I'm still pretty new at the modded roms and what gets stored where and how.

After you backup sd card, partition it and restore data back to it, you'll flash your rom. If it has DT as part of rom just run commands the way we mentioned. The OP pages of the roms usually give guidance on install procedures. If not, you'll have to flash DT right after flashing rom, then reboot. The apps will be put to the sdext3. Have your phone install location for apps set to internal. DT fools phone into thinking the apps are there when they are really on the ext.

I like to use a card reader when copying back and forth--much faster.

Just always nandroid before doing this stuff and I back up my sd regulary. If not whole card, at least my nandroids, android-secure, and Titanium Backup. But, usually all of it. I have a 16gb card, loaded, is why I use the card reader.

I type slow, so someone may have already answered

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Thanks for all the help guys!!! I've got the image flashed over to my phone and my sd card partitioned with a 1GB ext3 partition, plus I got my dalvik cached moved and Apps2SD all up and working! Now I have 152MB of free internal storage. I haven't had that since I got the phone.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links