[ROOT] Help on OS X

This is a discussion on [ROOT] Help on OS X within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Never mind found out I had to hit the "problem?" button....

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: [ROOT] Help on OS X

Never mind found out I had to hit the "problem?" button.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Never mind found out I had to hit the "problem?" button.
    I was gonna suggest that, but couldn't log in for the last hour, for some reason...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Oh well that is very strange indeed well in any case glad it's working again.

Now I know I am probably getting on your nerves with all my questions but I have one more and that is, how does titanium backup work because I know that batch is where you have every thing backed up on a daily bases I set how often I want it done in the preferences and well how do I get everything to backup and restore and such sorry but I really don't understand how the app works.

I guess you have a lot of options with Titanium...

My use is pretty simplistic, in that I just use it as a just-in-case tool. Fisrtly, I keep a copy of the Titanium apk on my SD card, which it's the first thing I install on a new ROM. I always make sure there is a file explorer in the ROM, but lately I've made a flashable zip that includes a file manager and Titanium. That way, as soon as I flash a ROM, I can install Titanium, and then restore my backups.

As far as making backups, I usually use it just before I flash something, our start trying something new. I also make backups if I have made a lot of changes, or haven't made a backup in a while...

Anyway, I just use batch and delete ask previous backups (very last option). Then I use batch and backup all apps and data (usually the option that lists the most apps). To restore, I use batch and restore all apps and system data (2nd blue option).

When I install a new ROM, I've started to always wipe, because it doesn't take long, and sometimes helps prevent minor hiccups).

I'll use ROM Manager to backup my ROM, just before I flash a new one...

Ok thanks allot for all your help you have no idea how much I appreciate it, thanks for everything.

No worries - I'm pretty sure you would've got there anyway! You seem to have a grasp of everything already! xD

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links