[ROOT] Help on OS X

This is a discussion on [ROOT] Help on OS X within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; ya i know, i used it as an example, of course been reading a bit before deiciding to root. ) tx for the help...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROOT] Help on OS X

ya i know, i used it as an example, of course been reading a bit before deiciding to root. ) tx for the help

Quote Originally Posted by iPeck View Post
    ya i know, i used it as an example, of course been reading a bit before deiciding to root. ) tx for the help
    Your welcome and good idea you can never reed enough about this stuff there is always something new and it's always a good idea to know your stuff before making any changes to your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    danger I have one question I downloaded estrong but the only thing is I am not so familiar with the data folders on my phone the sd I know inside out but the phone not so much so what exactly am I looking for? In what folder will app data be located? Sorry if I sound sort of noobish this is the first time I do this.
    A lot of the info is in the /data/data folder, but there's may be other bits scatteted around, depending one the apps...

My Backup from the market looks like it could backup a lot of info...

I'd also be interested to see how much Titanium could do without root (if anything)...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    danger I have one question I downloaded estrong but the only thing is I am not so familiar with the data folders on my phone the sd I know inside out but the phone not so much so what exactly am I looking for? In what folder will app data be located? Sorry if I sound sort of noobish this is the first time I do this.
    A lot of the info is in the /data/data folder, but there's may be other bits scatteted around, depending one the apps...

My Backup from the market looks like it could backup a lot of info...

I'd also be interested to see how much Titanium could do without root (if anything)...

Hey is it possible that the files are hidden since I am not rooted because I have looked through the entire phone all the folders and the folders in folders and so forth (it not a short process). But the only app data I could find (well what looked like app data) was in the mnt/asec folder and those are the apps saved on your SD, well I think it's what is left on your phone so you can use the app on the SD (they are pkg.apk files). So where do I look now? How about an example app that we could both have, that we could find just to see where it is in your phone and if it is there on both our phones. How about angry birds (I know random but everybody has it so it's a good example) just move it to the phone or it will be in the mnt/asec folder, if you could do that for me I would really appreciate it.

BTW: I am looking with the files explorer you suggested, estrong and it's actually pretty awesome.

Oh and I forgot to mention my backup looks like it would backup good but I would like to try this method if I can get it to work.

As for titanium I don't think it will do much because even in the title it says root so I dough it.

Can you see the data/data folder?
    There should be lots of sub-folders, such com.amazon.xxx etc?
    In the sub folders, there's more folders for databases, libs, etc?

The mnt/ folders don't have much data in them...

No form the home I can only see the data folder and it says empty what apps are in it for you I will try downloading one just to see if the data goes into the folder. What is supposed to be in the mnt folders?

Interesting... This is what I'm seeing...

Try enabling hidden folders in the settings...

Attached Images Attached Images  

That is very strange then

Sorry if this thread is starting to be annoying but can anybody with a non rooted nexus one download estrong and tell me what you see in the data/data folder. Just to make sure it is not just me because I would like to know this ASAP (before x-mass) thanks.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links