[ROOT] Help on OS X

This is a discussion on [ROOT] Help on OS X within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Dude - I'm flashing a non-rooted stock rom, as we speak (type)... I'm just hoping I don't get updated to the 0.35 hboot, because I ...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROOT] Help on OS X

Dude - I'm flashing a non-rooted stock rom, as we speak (type)...
    I'm just hoping I don't get updated to the 0.35 hboot, because I believe it has some tighter restrictions...

Ok thanks allot you’re a real life saver cause I really want to do this. But if it maters I have the hboot 0.35 and ya I heard it had some restrictions but can't you roll that back after ward?

Well, looks like you're right, I can only see the /data folder, but nothing inside it!

So what does that mean for backing up that way if I copy the file to the SD card and then backup to my laptop (just to be safe) when I put it back in after root will I be able to see it and will the files still exist?

I'd say that you're limited to what mybackup will let you backup.
    If you plan on rooting, you can root via SuperOneClick, which is non-destructive. You can then backup before you do anything else....

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    I'd say that you're limited to what mybackup will let you backup.
    If you plan on rooting, you can root via SuperOneClick, which is non-destructive. You can then backup before you do anything else....
    Ya I was planning on rooting right after x-mass. The only thing is I though you couldn't get the superoneclick to work after you have the hboot 0.35 But I guess after I root via superoneclick if I want I can backup I can use titanium, unlock the bootloader and then reinstall my backup to replace everything as it was.

You know what I'm going to screw the after x-mass thing I'm going to root now and I will asume the consequences for the bootloader unlock, I will backup a few things and see what happens after thanks for all your help danger I will come back with the results of my root as soon as I'm done this is for you danger

Superoneclick works on FRG83D, and you typically get the 0.35 hboot with FRG83D, so I'm pretty confident it will work. If not, you'll only lose a few settings doing the oem unlock method (which is far easier).

Have you installed the sdk on your pc?

Seriously I think I'm going to go through the oem unlock method I will backup the data folder just to see what happens after. And I know we worked sort of hard on trying to backup everything but I will just try the oem unlock method. BTW what method of root did you use?

I have just downloaded the android SDK and am currently backing up my SD card.

You don't need to backup your sd - it won't be touched.

I rooted via a manual method, which doesn't work anymore.
    A lot of messing around, cutting a notch in the battery, and trying to time everything perfectly... I later unlocked the bootloader because I had no other option. Everything has been so much easier since.

When you download the sdk, just download the zip version, because you don't need everything...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links