[ROOT] Help on OS X

This is a discussion on [ROOT] Help on OS X within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Yes then I clicked accept and install now it has just finished....

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROOT] Help on OS X

Yes then I clicked accept and install now it has just finished.

OK, now power off your phone, connect to the PC via the USB cable, and boot up into the bootloader (hold volume down, then press the power button, release power after a few seconds, then release volume down).

The first screen you see will be white with three androids on skateboards.
    This is HBOOT (should have HBOOT in a blue bock about the 8th line down).

Use the volume keys to highlight FASTBOOT, then power button to select.
    The next screen will look almost identical except the blue HBOOT is now a red FASTBOOT... (or FASTBOOT USB, since you have USB Connected).

Your PC will want to install the drivers.
    Use the "Chose location" option, and the drivers are in the "google-usb_driver" sub-folder in your sdk folder...

Ok well I'm running windows 7 so the computer just tells me that drivers were not installed correctly (as normal) but no options so can I go directly to the folder and just run a program in the usb drivers sub folder.

Open your device manager (right click on "My Computer", select Properties, then select the "Hardware" tab. See if you can find your nexus in the devices (probably under USB devices as an unknown device, or marked with an exclamation mark).

Once you find it, right click and select properties, and chose to install a new driver.

Once again window 7 so it was a little different but I got it and it recognises the device.

OK, you now have the sdk up and running, next thing is to test it...

From your Start menu in windows, select the "run" option, and type in cmd (this will open a DOS command prompt).
    The prompt will probably open in your "My Documents" folder, so type either "cd\" to get to the root folder of that drive, or "c:" (where c is the drive letter where the sdk folder is). (fyi - cd just means "change directory")

Once at the root folder, type "cd sdk" where sdk is the name of your sdk folder.
    Then type "cd tools" to change to the tools folder inside the sdk folder (need to be in the same folder that the fastboot.exe file is located).

Type "fastboot devices"

Wow sorry I lost you in there somewhere I need to type in c: (the drive where the sdk folder is located) then press enter in the command prompt but that just brings up the same line in the command prompt as it did the first time (C:>Users>Jon>"then where I was supposed to input the c:") but that to me doesn't make any sense?

OK, use "c:" if the drive your sdk is on is a different one than you are currently on.
    If it is the same drive, use "cd\"

Oh ok I get it sorry, I miss understood the first time. I typed in what you said but after "fastboot devices it gave me an error message saying "The program can't start because AdbWinApi.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem". I am guessing that I need to install the fastboot because it was not installed by default.

You'll need to install the platform tools...
    See attached...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links