[ROOT] Help on OS X

This is a discussion on [ROOT] Help on OS X within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; BTW WERA that was a joke and was not meant to sound like I am pist and if you do think I am a noob ...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: [ROOT] Help on OS X

BTW WERA that was a joke and was not meant to sound like I am pist and if you do think I am a noob I don't care.

But seriously danger what are the advantages of having an unlocked bootloader.

:rofl3:

No such implication intended :D

Believe me, if I ever weaken and decide to root, I'll have someone here on Gtalk! :rofl3::rofl3:

There's really not much advantage, which is why I suggested going with the superoneclick...

Flashing radios is safer, and some of the other stuff can be a little shorter, but that's about it...

If your recovery gets corrupt, then you may have to resort to the fastboot, which it's exactly the reason I did it. My nexus it's a year old soon, so I don't care about my warranty!

I'm seldom at a computer, so I hardly ever use adb our fastboot, anyway. I do most things straight from the phone...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Ok then I guess I will do the superoneclick but I can't do it till at least tomorrow because I have a Christmas party to go to now.

Sent from nexus one

Have fun!! xD

Ok well now danger I'm ready when you are.

k well never mind I felt like doing it now so I just went over to xda made an account so I could download superoneclick did it extracted it then turned on adb on my nexus one connected via usb ran superoneclick had to do the adb on off thing but it worked. I then wanted to test it so I downloaded something simple, a screen shot app and it worked so now I'm going to take the plunge and flash cm6.1 thanks for everything I appreciate it very much and an extra big thanks for telling me to use superoneclick to save my data.

PS: I joined the root gang

Sorry Dude, I was out celebrating yesterday, and would've done more damage than good in my state... xD

Glad you got it sorted.
    Make sure you flash a custom recovery and make a backup, before you do anything else...

No apology needed I just didn't feel like waiting so I did it and it worked so all is good in the world. And yes I know I am downloading ROM manager now to get clockwork then I will backup via nandroid and TB. Thanks again for all your help.

One question I would like to backup via titanium but I allow it to have root access but then in the app it says root access not found please make sure your ROM is rooted and includes busybox. So what do I do now I will have the phone wiped if I change to a rooted frg83D ROM so I will lose my data?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links