Strange thing with clockwork and the android with exclamation mark

This is a discussion on Strange thing with clockwork and the android with exclamation mark within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; So then if I just reinstall clockworkmod and flash cyanogen I will not have to mess around with the files or anything and it will ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Strange thing with clockwork and the android with exclamation mark

So then if I just reinstall clockworkmod and flash cyanogen I will not have to mess around with the files or anything and it will flash fine?

Sorry, if you flashed the ROM file through adb when originally flashing, it would've over written the system folder. Unfortunately, doing it through ROM manager requires a reboot, which restores the stock recovery...

A lot of rooting steps include the removal of the two files, but some also seem to omit the steps got some reason...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Ok then how come when I did a nandroid it rebooted and still did the nandroid? Cause I don't think nandroid is an option in stock.

Good question - maybe the recovery its restored on a full system boot...

Ok well in that case just to be safe I will delete those two files then flash cm6.1.1 or gingerbread still not sure which is better maybe cm because it is stable to 100%...ish

Hey I just tried the adb shell thing cause I was planning on doing it with root explorer but don't have it and it's a paid app so why bother when I have a computer with the sdk at my disposal right? So I go into the command prompt and go to the tools and launch adb shell right then input su when the $ sing shows up right but then it says access denied?

Sounds like you've lost root.

Some of the guides just tell you how to get temp root, with the assumption that you will immediately flash a custom recovery and ROM...

You'll have to root again...

Well since I rooted with superoneclick isn't it supposed to give you full root access.

Also one other question how do I cancel the adb devices command because when I try and eject my nexus one from my computer it says device being used by a programme please close app programmes using this device and try again or something like that. I think I can just turn off adb in the phone but is there another way? Ex: a command like terminate or stop adb devices?

Never mind for the adb thing I realised that it's just as long as usb debug is on the phone it won't want me to eject. As for loosing super user I don't think so because remember that random screen shot app I downloaded well it still works so I'm pretty sure I still have root access.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links