Strange thing with clockwork and the android with exclamation mark

This is a discussion on Strange thing with clockwork and the android with exclamation mark within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Strange thing just happened to me I just rooted my phone earlier today via superonclick and downloaded ROM manager did a nandroid backup because I ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange thing with clockwork and the android with exclamation mark

Strange thing with clockwork and the android with exclamation mark

Strange thing just happened to me I just rooted my phone earlier today via superonclick and downloaded ROM manager did a nandroid backup because I was planning to flash cyanogen later maybe tomorrow also backed up via TB this is all probably irrelevant but wanted to inform everyone of what I have done so far. Now the problem is that just out of curiosity I was wondering what clockwork mod recovery looked like so I went in to ROM manager and taped the tab that says reboot into clockworkmod recovery so my phone rebooted then I got the android with the exclamation mark. I have heard about this around the forum before and that the only way out of it is to pull battery I have not done this yet because I am just wondering why it is doing this and what you guys think I should do because I dough this is a clockwork recovery

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Update: been 15 mins and wanted to use my phone so I pulled the battery powered on and booted up normally but I'm still wondering what the hell just happened cause I know clockwork is on my phone and working fine cause I did a nandroid earlier and it worked fine so I am lost to what just went on and really would like to have this fixed or at least know what is going on before I flash ANYTHING.

Android with the exclamation is the stock recovery. The stock ROM is set to restore stock recovery at reboot. Removing two files can fix it...

adb shell
    su
    mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
    rm /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
    rm /system/recovery-from-boot.p
    reboot recovery

...or boot your phone and delete the following files using Root Explorer:
    /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
    /system/recovery-from-boot.p

You'll have to flash a recovery again...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

When you see that /!\ Error press power then up button to get you to the blue reboot screen, select reboot and that will fix that error and get you back to the stock boot up without having to do a battery pull. When you use clockwork mod, always press "flash clockwork mod recovery" first before doing anything else in clockwork mod and you won't have that problem again. Hope this helps.:nexusx:

Ok danger I will try deleting those two files. Just to make sure those are the two files it's in the system folder then etc folder and the file to delete is install-recovery.sh and the other file is in system and the file name is recovery-from-boot.p I figure this is what it is but just to make sure you don't want me to delete a folder or something. But my only question is, isn't a recovery supposed to have some type of options or is that just custom recoveries?

Mightytalldude ok that info could come in handy but I didn't know that, that was even an error well I guess you learn something new every day. Anyway I think I like danger's solution batter it's less repetitive cause I only have to flash clockwork once. Thanks anyway.

Yes, just delete those files (no folders).

Mightytalldude gave you information on how to get to the recovery menu from the /!\ screen, so yes, the recover y does have a menu...

There's a lot of dudes on here, isn't there?

Ok that is what I thought just making sure before I delete something that I wasn't supposed to.

Ya well I guess it does if you do that but I just thought you had some type of options right off the bat.

And ya there are allot of dudes on this forum as far as I know 3.

If you are not comfortable deleting files, just add .bak to their name...

No I'm perfectly fine deleting files as long as they are the right files because when you delete the wrong ones sometimes it gets complicated. Although thank for the heads up on the .bak thing but do you mind me asking what it does is it like a void control so the os won't account for it when it runs?

They're just a couple of scripts which restore the recovery during the boot process.

Normally, if you flash a ROM so soon as you root, the ROM overwrites the system folder, which takes care of these files...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links