How to root N1 UNLOCK !

This is a discussion on How to root N1 UNLOCK ! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Thanks again danger-rat for the updated guide I did this 8 months ago and wasn't sure about all being up-to-date Scanned your link and quickly ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to root N1 UNLOCK !

Thanks again danger-rat for the updated guide

I did this 8 months ago and wasn't sure about all being up-to-date

Scanned your link and quickly remembered how frustrating it was to set up SDK without someone to guide me. You did a great job with dude.

I bookmarked the link in case someone else needs help, if ok with you.

We all had to start fresh at one point and some with a lot less tech or android experience than others. So, don't mind trying to help with those willing to do some of it themselves.

I guess our op got it worked out or is still partying

Happy New Year Name:  3dnoel14.gif
Views: 94
Size:  22.7 KB

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post

Scanned your link and quickly remembered how frustrating it was to set up SDK without someone to guide me. You did a great job with dude.

I guess our op got it worked out or is still partying

Ken
    Ya danger defiantly did a good job with me lol, I flashed cm yesterday and it all worked out fine so I must have done everything right :D. Anyway the SDK isn't hard to setup it's just that there are so many options and you only need very few (unless you are actually developing apps). I could do it again 100 times and I could even show someone else how to do it and they say that when you can teach something to someone else that is when you truly understand it yourself. But when it is the first time you do it there is no dough it's not ease and far from it.

And ya it is very strange that the op never replied to say that he got it working or even post somewhere else on the forum

And a happy new year to you to Ken

Welcome to the world of rooting Dude

And Happy New Year also
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I think the biggest thing about rooting is that it seems like black magic until you've actually done it - kinda venturing into the unknown...

It doesn't help when these forums are loaded with people with problems, either - I was nervous a hell the first time I rooted!

But once you've tried it, it's surprisingly straight forward!

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

It's definitely an adventure

Preparation and backups are key, especially sd card backups. People overlook that.

Even after 8 months I am only slowly getting comfortable with fastboot commands and apk installing.

Been using MIUI and Micro's HD Desire Rom and playing with the GB roms--All Great

Tonite I went back to Cyan and flashed a 6.2 rom from a link on page 185 of Nightlies. Had New Market FC's and got "cannot connect to network" for 3g, wifi ok.

Tried all the obvious with no luck, short of reinstalling Market. Got the Market working on MIUI with the "fix", but not here. Never got to the "can't connect" errors, not sure if network fix would handle that. Saw other's with same problems, no one solution. Did flash the 12/12 gapps which is not listed in Cyans latest stable dl's. Don't see why that would matter. This 6.2 may have been unstable from the start. 6.1 and all nightlies before that were fine for me. Will wait for CM7 and play with it, but still prefer MIUI and Micro's HD Desire roms. Stable and beautiful roms.

Well guys, good meeting back up with you, Have a Great Android Year

Oh yea---Hey OP---Did you get it sorted????

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Ok well when you say your phone is unlocked do you mean the bootloader is unlocked or it is carrier unlocked because all N1s are like that? If you have an unlocked bootloader then you can just install superboot if not then go and get superoneclick and root with that it's much simpler and saves you trouble. I can send you a link to where to get ether of those just tell me which one you want to do (you can do superoneclick even if your bootloader is unlocked).

Dude ! its carrier unlock :)

Hey !
    My N1 is carrier Unlock :rofl3:. So i guess i have to unlock my bootloader.
    I dont mind going thru big procuedure as long as its correct and step-by-step.

I have downloaded SDK and installed on my windows PC.
    also i got the USB drivers installed too.

now, if u can guide me from here. i really appreciated it.

Let me know step by stpe , what needs to be download and install.

Thanks again.

Ok so does this mean you want to unlock the bootloader? Because I personally think it is a better idea to use superoneclick because for one if you still have a warranty you do not lose the warranty for using it unlocking the bootloader you do. The other thing is that unlocking the bootloader will completely wipe your phone meaning it will be factory reset if you do it. And well superoneclick not so much so your choice I can guide you through either one.

whats d diff. unlocking bootloader and not

Dude,

whats d diff. between root with unlock bootloader and root without unlock bootloader ?
    which one is better ? i dont mind if it wipe my phone data. there is not much for backup.

if there is not much difference between unlock and lock bootloader , then i dont mind doing root without unlocking bootloader.

i am home and ready to perform the procedure. if u r available ..please reply me and we can start.

Thanks a lot

Ok well there is not much difference between the two just that if you unlock the bootloader you will have access to fastboot to flash things like radios. But in superoneclick you will have to flash things via recovery but there is not much difference because you don't need to flash a radio now (or ever if you don't flash ROMs that require a new radio) and even if you did you can flash them through recovery as a .zip only fastboot is suposedly safer but as long as you don't pull battery it's perfectly safe in recovery. Also you can unlock the bootloader later on to get access to fastboot if you want. So all in all I think it's better tu just use superoneclick plus once you are rooted you have more means of backup (titanium backup) for if you unlock the bootloader later.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links