How to root N1 UNLOCK !

This is a discussion on How to root N1 UNLOCK ! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; No worries I'm still here for a little while and if I leave I will tell you. Now do you want to install a custom ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How to root N1 UNLOCK !

No worries I'm still here for a little while and if I leave I will tell you. Now do you want to install a custom ROM now or later because we can do it now and we save ourselves form having to delete two files but if you want to delete those two files anyway then we can do that two that way if you change your mind and flash your nandroid backup (something we will do later) they will be gone and you don't have to worry about it.

ok, lets do that...
    lets do custome roms. once we do that i will hv few questions for u.

like ....how do i install custome roms..
    i understand that we can install only one custome rom at a time.
    but, tomm. if i find another rom , then how do i flust that?
    also, where can i find all custome roms ?

also, what happens when Andriod or my career release new ROM, will i get the notification that you have system update ?
    Or i dont have to worry ?

thnaks

Ok wait so sorry I didn't quite get that you want to delete the two files or install a custom ROM? If it is delete the two files I have one question first do you mind spending money on an app? I ask because there are three ways of doing the delete one which is the simplest is to download root explorer and then just delete them from there (but root explorer is a paid app 3.84 but you have it for life itís a file manager encase the name didnít give it away). The other is to open a command prompt on your computer and the delete form there (note for some reason this did not work for me so it might not for you). And last but not least we do it through the terminal emulator which is a free app in the market.

well, i dont mind spending some money on apps.
    But, let me understand first...what do u mean by deleting 2 files ?
    why do we need to delete that?

umm...which ever is convenient for you.
    When you say delete those 2 files..means delete existing ROM? so that we can flush new ROM.

If thats the case , then each time when i have to flush new ROM , i need to delete existing ROM using that paid APP ???

No the two files are for restoring the stock recovery once the phone reboots but to flash a ROM you need a custom recovery so by doing this you save yourself from having to flash a custom recovery every time you want to flash something. No you will not need to delete these two files every time you flash a ROM because they are not included in custom ROMs just the stock ones. And it is all the same to me for the deleting it's you who chooses whether or not you want to pay for the app.

ok, still not clear..
    what if we dont delete those ? what is the problem ? will it take more space on the phone ?
    if its advicable to delete those 2 files then lets do it.
    Do we still need to keep connected phone to PC? or i can disconnect it and start setting up my cell phone ?

which is the best ROM available ? do i have to download it thru PC and then load it to phone ? or its available thru Market?

Ok well a recovery is where you would flash ROMs from but to do that you need to over right the stock recovery with a custom one. We can do this very easily but when the OS boots back up those two files will make it so that the custom recovery you installed is over righted with the stock one again. So it is not necessary to delete these two files but if you plan on going back to your current ROM (stock) after you flash the ROM you will be able to do so and not have to worry about deleting those two files. But if you are worried about deleting files then we can skip that and just flash a ROM now.

Now as for where to find ROMs some ROMs can be found in ROM manager an app that we will download later. But others you will have to find and download online like miui for example. To start we will flash cm6.1.1 (cyanogenmod) that is what I would suggest to you it is allot like stock but with some added features that everybody seems to like including me and as a bonus it is available through ROM manager.

ok lets install new rom ..How ? do i still need to connect my cell phone with pc? can i go ahead and setup my contact and emails and all ?

or that will be done once we flush new rom ?

Looking good Dude!
    I say - delete the 2 files, they are useless to you...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Ok Dude !!
    lets delete those !!
    i am still not clear about those 2 files ..where it came from ? whats the Purpose of keeping and deleting those !! what they DO !
    Nevermind.. i will have to read couple more things in order to understand the process...Its not streight forward as jailbreaking an iphone

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links