How to root N1 UNLOCK !

This is a discussion on How to root N1 UNLOCK ! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; And for disconnecting it from your pc yes you can but I wouldn't start setting up your phone now because when you flash a ROM ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: How to root N1 UNLOCK !

And for disconnecting it from your pc yes you can but I wouldn't start setting up your phone now because when you flash a ROM you will need to factory reset your phone (that means you will be deleting everything sort of like when you unlocked the bootloader). Although now that you are rooted you have some apps that can backup your dada like titanium backup it will allow you to backup your apps and other user data and place it right back into your phone after you flash a new ROM.

Now how to flash a ROM you will need to go to the market (set up your Google account since it will ask you). Then download an app called ROM manager. From in that app you will see an option that says flash clockwork mod recovery tap that and then you will have clockwork mod recovery installed on your phone.

Ok thanks danger glad you approve :D

Now jigsb you want to delete those two files so do you want to download root explorer or do it via terminal emulator?

ok ! i installed that and flush that. and it says superuser permission..bla bla bla..
    but my phone didnt reboot..just FYI

what next?

Ok ya that is normal that it did not reboot it does not need to, to flash a custom recovery but now I'm the one who is starting to get confused do you want to delete the two files or do you want to just flash the ROM.

ya, i just bought root explorer..its installing...what next

Quote Originally Posted by jigsb View Post
    Ok Dude !!
    lets delete those !!
    i am still not clear about those 2 files ..where it came from ? whats the Purpose of keeping and deleting those !! what they DO !
    Nevermind.. i will have to read couple more things in order to understand the process...Its not streight forward as jailbreaking an iphone
    Sorry for interrupting - I'll be gone soon...
    Recovery mode it's a minimal operating system in case etc everything goes wrong - it has other uses, but you get the idea...

The two files restore the stock recovery, so that you always have a recovery. The custom recoveries are a lot more powerful, so these files are more of a pain than anything else once you install a custom recovery...

You can always restore them from a stock ROM, or just flash a stock ROM, if you ever want to restore the two files...

Right - I'm outta here... xD

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Hey thanks Danger-cat..
    now i got it.... so those 2 files needs to be deleted ( Recovery files ) and will have to install similler 2 custome recovery files !! right ?
    so, if something goes wrong with the ROM installed on the phone, i can still boot my cell phone thru the custom recovery file and altest use some features of Cell phone....correct ?? That make sence..

Lets delete those 2 files and install custom recovery..

Ok well now once root explorer installs you will have to navigate through these folders and delete these files

/system/etc/install-recovery.sh
    /system/recovery-from-boot.p

Just to make sure you get it that means go into the system folder then the etc folder then delete install-recovery.sh

Then go back to the system folder and delete the recovery-from-boot.p file.

And danger don't worry about it feel free to interrupt if you think you can help that is what we are all here for right. Plus it's a free country well actually two free countries :D

GR8 !
    i deleted those 2. what is next ?

Ok now you said you already flashed clockwork mod right. If so then go back to ROM manager and now you have two choices

1. You do a nandroid backup it is an option in the ROM it says "backup current ROM. It is always recommended to backup when you flash a ROM that way if something some how goes wrong then you can just restore that backup and everything will be back where it was when you did the backup. In the next option I will ask you to do a backup but the advantage of doing it right before is that you can name the backup so it's easier to find later.

2. You tap "Download ROM" then you have multiple choices I would suggest cyanogenmod then you can pick any one you want I would suggest the latest one cm6.1.1 once you do that it will start downloading (obviously) once it finishes it will ask you if you want to flash it then you have to check the box that says wipe data and cache (or something like that) and if you did not do the first option then you need to select backup current ROM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links