How to root N1 UNLOCK !

This is a discussion on How to root N1 UNLOCK ! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; ok ! i took backup ..<---Does it store on SD card ? then i started once of the ROM , the one you suggested. its ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: How to root N1 UNLOCK !

ok !
    i took backup ..<---Does it store on SD card ?
    then i started once of the ROM , the one you suggested. its downloading...
    Once its downloaded and installed, do i need to take backup again ?
    and if i do take back up again then will that overwrite my backup ? or i can change the name of the backup and so i can have 2 sets of backup !!

Also, by rooting N1 , do i get faster speed ? i mean now there are 4G phone available, will i have spped like 4G or faster ?

GR8
    Its installed and working gr8.
    now what ? do i need to take backup again ?
    Did we installed Those 2 custom recovery files ? or when i take back-up thru ROM, thats become custome recovery file stored on SD card.

So, when ever its neeed , we can boot the phone by pressing volume key and power button and then go to recovery and choose that backup file stored on sd card and it will restore that backup to phone....Is that how it works ?

Dude, i really appreciate your help and time....Gr8 support..
    Its too late for me too and i got to wake up in the morning for work..But i wil be in touch tomm. too
    Once i use and checks this new ROM i might have some more doubts.

Thanks again for your kool support...

Yes the backup is stored on your SD card. You can take a backup again you can have 100 backups and keep them all the only problem is you may run out of space at some point. Ya you just have to have different names so you can tell them apart and you should be good. Now the other thing I want to mention is the part about the wipe that is EXTREMLY important if you don't do that you can have some major issues.

Your welcome no prob man enjoy the ROM

Now make a backup if you want I would but that is just me you don't have to. As for the recovery files you did not install them again by flashing this ROM because it is a custom ROM so the developer (cyanogen wants you to be able to keep the one you had before in this case clockworkmod.

Ya you can restore a backup like that or you can do it with ROM manager they both do a great job of it as well as flashing ROMs although you cannot download a ROM via recovery. Ok I don't know what doubts you have about cm but anyway we can talk about it tomorrow.

Dude i am back..
    sorry it was too late y'day nite , so once that custom ROM was installed i was all done for a day.
    What was the think you were talking about ? wipe ? EXTREMLY important ??? what is that..

Well remember I said there were two check boxes one of them was backup current ROM and the other one was wipe data and cache (or something similar I don't remember exactly) well the second on you really have to check it because if you don't you can have some problems sometimes. My personal experience (when I forgot to check the box ) was that my phone would not boot past the cyanogenmod logo so I had to pull battery then restore my nandroid (see the importance of that two) then reflash but this time with a wipe.

I mentioned this because I really don't want you to have to go through that it might be a little different for you because it is not always the same result but anyway I just wanted to make sure you knew.

If you do have boot problems because you forgot to wipe, you can always redo the wipe from recovery, or delete data from hboot. It's quicker than restoring a backup, and then reflashing your ROM.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Really I thought the wipe had to be done before the ROM was flashed because the data had to be gone for the new ROM to flash right, not because of the data had to be gone for the ROM to function right?

I think of it more like the data has to be compatible with the ROM. Sometimes you can even get away without any wipe...

It's just a suggestion that's worked for me, but I can accept that it may not always work. Doing a wipe from ROM Manager is best, because it actually reformats the different partitions, rather than delete files.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Dude !
    Its working gr8, no problems so far. phone works great/internet works gr8.
    but what i noticed is ..sometime it shows 3G and some time only H. is that ok ?

Also, i do remember i did 2nd tick mark while flusing the ROM.

Hey, i have 16GB sd card in my N1. Do u think now it can support 32GB ?

SO, we are done with flusing ROM ( CYANOGENMOD ). its all DONE ?
    What about Radio?? Do we need to change that too ?

So, Basically now if i have to change ROM, simply go to ROM manager and can choose from there OR if i have downloaded to my SD card from internet , then i can choose to install from my SD card.

Once its installed ( with those 2 tick mark ) then just take a back-up . so if something goes wrong then can restore back-up ...right ?

Now, whats the diff. between restoring ROM from backup and installing Fresh again from ROM manager ?

Does the backup one carries my all contacts and data too ? or just ROM ?

Also ! Do i need to worry about installing updates from HTC ? like iphone
    OR simply it wont install any updates from HTC bcoz i have installed Custome ROM and my phone is rooted.

Thanks a lot for your support!!!!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links