How to root N1 UNLOCK !

This is a discussion on How to root N1 UNLOCK ! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey Experts !!! Got a problem!!! After rooting touch-screen is not working properly !! if i open market apps then if i touch on search..no ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: How to root N1 UNLOCK !

Hey Experts !!!
    Got a problem!!!
    After rooting touch-screen is not working properly !!
    if i open market apps then if i touch on search..no responce....how do i search ?
    Also, in my apps drawer there are few apps, which i cant touch and start those...no responce there too..

Any known issues ? and fixes ??/

please..help..

The 3G or H thing I believe is normal but I'm not sure because I don't have a data plan so I couldn't tell you for sure but I have heard about it so I think it's normal but could someone confirm?

Yes I figured you checked it but I wanted to make sure you did for future reference that way you will not have any issues.

Uh ya you could put in a 32GB before if you wanted two so ya you can now.

Flashing is done you can now do anything you want with cm6.1.1 as for radios we can flash those but we don't need to so I think it can wait unless you absolutely want to now.

Ya you got it

Ya you can backup all you like.

Well if you restore your backup it is a complete backup of your ROM that means data and all so you can get your stuff back if you do that. But new ROM well that you lose everything from the wipe again although there are apps like titanium backup that will be able to restore your data if you backed up before flashing.

I think I answered that above although since this is an android phone your contacts are saved in your Google account so if you sing in to that you will have your contacts back.

You can do either one but be warned if you install the updates from htc you will be revered to stock so no more root access. So personally I would wait for a developer like cyanogen to take out there versions.

Well sorry but for your other post that could take a while to trouble shot and I got to go so we can fix that later.

Ok I figure it was working after you rooted but not after you flashed cm6.1.1 am I right? If so then you will probably need to reflash your nandroid or if you want try factory reset first this may help but I think your best bet is reflash cyanogen.

What do you mean by reflash ?
    just go to ROM manager and flush it again ? the same way i did first time ?

OR is there any other procedure?

thanx

I would try rebooting first...
    If things don't work quite right on a new rom, doing a wipe and reinstall is a potential fix.
    Failing that, you can try different rom/radio/kernel combinations. Each n1 is slightly different, and sdk the little variables can add up...

Wiping, and doing a clean install is a good step to eliminate any doubts with the rom...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Ya that is pretty much what I meant you went a little more than what I was thinking but ya that is pretty much it.

Hello guys.
    Sorry for that but, after reading all 8 pages, for me as a beginner (bought my first android N1 yesterday), I did not understand nothing. Guys make a dictionary with all terminology .

Thank you

Hey man, don't worry about it we were all beginners at some point right? Anyway just ask what you don't understand and I or someone else will give you a hand on the info.

here are a few things that are more comment to not know for noobs

SDK: software development kit. This is where you will be installing the drivers and fastboot and such on your computer so that you can root your phone.

Recovery: The place that you would normally flash a ROM from it is basically a base for your phones software that will allow you to change the ROM if you need to (or if you are rooted just for fun :D)

Bootloader: This is I would say even more basic than recovery that will allow you to boot into recovery as well as a few other things that can make your life simpler if something ever goes wrong. This can also be unlocked to have access to fastboot.

Fastboot: This is something that will allow you to do things such as flash radios with more safety. It can be used to get you out of a jam such as the endless :nexusx:.

I'm pretty sure that covers most of the things you could need to know that you don't already. If I missed one then just ask.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links