How to root N1 UNLOCK !

This is a discussion on How to root N1 UNLOCK ! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello Experts ! can anybody tell me how to root UNLOCK Nexus One. I had purchased N1 unlocked from google web site. here are some ...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to root N1 UNLOCK !

Unhappy How to root N1 UNLOCK !

Hello Experts !
    can anybody tell me how to root UNLOCK Nexus One.
    I had purchased N1 unlocked from google web site.

here are some information about my N1

Unlocked
    Andriod Version 2.2.1
    Build number FRG83D

I have also looked at lots of discussion forum, but i got confused a lot.
    what is this rooting ? is it like jailbreaking an iphone ?

what happens if there is new update from andriod ? will i have to root my phone again ? or simply dont install update.

Please give me some info.

thanks a lot

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

There are numerous posts on this forum about rooting and what it entails. You should find all your answers using the search feature. Hope that helps.

Read...
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...itle=Nexus_One

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...sequences.html

Quote Originally Posted by jigsb View Post
    Hello Experts !
    can anybody tell me how to root UNLOCK Nexus One.
    I had purchased N1 unlocked from google web site.

here are some information about my N1

Unlocked
    Andriod Version 2.2.1
    Build number FRG83D

I have also looked at lots of discussion forum, but i got confused a lot.
    what is this rooting ? is it like jailbreaking an iphone ?

what happens if there is new update from andriod ? will i have to root my phone again ? or simply dont install update.

Please give me some info.

thanks a lot
    Read my tutorial
    Tutorial: root without unlock
    Recovery: ClockworkMod 3.0.0.5
    ROM: CyanogenMod 7.0.0 RC2

You won't get OTA updates, no big deal, devs have them in roms quickly. It is like jailbreaking, but you will not be unrooted like iPhone. There is a one-click root out there. Don't recommend it. Google updates have messed with it in past. This method is permanent, but gives more versatility.

Before doing any of this back up your data with MyBackUp Pro from Market, root not required. After root Titanium BackUp is best for App bu's and mgt. For any of these programs listed, you should read the threads and learn about them before using. Some have other steps to do to use properly. Get use to your phone first and know how to navigate thru it and what all this terminology means. USB Debugging must be checked on phone.

Here are two guides, the first is good on installing SDK to be able to use adb thru command lines on your pc by opening Command Prompt with Admin Privileges, disregard the rest of the tutorial. Learning SDK/ADB allows you to do many other things between your phone and PC. Also, keep in mind some of these links may be to older .zips or .img's. You need the ones for your phone's build. Second link is to root. After root you can install a recovery like Amon Ra, thru Terminal Emulator. Or, you can dl Rom Mgr from market and use ClockworkMod that it comes with it. I prefer the paid versions. Terminal Emulator is an app from the market that requires root, so if you are not rooted, it will tell you. I prefer the paid versions. If using Rom Mgr/Clockwork Mod I would dl Quick Boot from Market and use it to boot into recovery. Not thru Rom Mgr. I use Quick Boot even with Amon. I prefer Amon_Ra 2.1.1. [Recovery] [27-Dec-2010] RA-nexus-v2.1.1 - xda-developers

I can, when you get to that point tell you how to flash Amon thru Terminal. Giving you exact steps and command line. The recovery like Amon is what will allow you to flash roms. At that stage read the forums for each rom well, knowing what is included and isn't. Some don't have gapps, like Cyanogen. Also, after you flash first rom, backup immediately thru recovery.

On the second link, I would put fastboot into the tools folder, but since you are unlocked, no need to do the other steps. Do the Root section. The Amon link for 1.7.0 is old, use the 2.1.1 link I listed.

I would not do anything with radio at this time. You can brick phone, done wrong. See what radio you have. They are now in .zip format and can be flashed thru terminal also. Very specific command lines.

So, on these two links, some things apply, some don't. There may be easier ways, but I did it this way. Made me search and study for a couple weeks and read and bookmark dozens of links to guides and appropriate forums.

If you get a rom loaded and backed up, put it on pc and also bu sd card before doing any of this.

SDK: [Guide] The 100% Fool Proof Guide: STOCK N1 to ROOT to SENSE UI/CM (Android 2.1)! - xda-developers

Root: How to Root Your Nexus One

This is all at your own risk and I may have missed somethings, so study different guides til you get a good idea of process. You'll also have to learn how to navigate recoveries, and boot into recovery by different means.
    1. Pwr/Vol- 2. Pwr/Trackball 3. Pwr/Trackaball/Vol-

Each is done by holding the respective buttons at same time. 1. is into recovery 2. is into bootloader 3. is the 3 finger salute to fastboot, when all else fails (I used it a lot). You can get to recovery from that screen. Usually done when you get the hanging X.

I didn't read all these links, just that I used them. I also searched for info on some of the individual steps and terminology. Can be confusing.

These roms require an sd ext3--whole new process to learn--Clockwork and Amon do this for you-ext 3, zero swap. Back up sd card first. It will be wiped.

Main thing backup whatever you can before doing anything, including sd card to pc.

Good Forum:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=556

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

That adb stuff is a bit dated...

Thanks danger-rat,

Anything specific for the op. I haven't looked at this stuff for a long time.

Hopefully, with the other posts, it gets him/her going in the right direction.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Also,

If you are going to flash images like amon from Terminal, you will need this flash_image.zip on root of sd card

xda-developers

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Thanks danger-rat,

Anything specific for the op. I haven't looked at this stuff for a long time.

Hopefully, with the other posts, it gets him/her going in the right direction.
    The link I posted earlier in the thread has a more up to date adb setup...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links