Questions on radios

This is a discussion on Questions on radios within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Do I need to wipe data (factory reset) and wipe cache first? Sorry for all the questions but just want to make sure that I ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Questions on radios

Do I need to wipe data (factory reset) and wipe cache first? Sorry for all the questions but just want to make sure that I do everything exactly right to get my phone working 100% again.

Ok well I was waiting for you to reply so I was reading some posts and well I saw one that said "nandroid encase something goes wrong" then I just thought wait a minute, I did a nandroid backup and well something went wrong, so I just restored my nandroid and all is back the way it was and I will flash cm6.1.1 again correctly this time. The moral of this story do a nandroid backup encase something goes wrong and if something goes wrong DON'T FORGET ABOUT IT! I know I learn from this experience.

Sorry I was driving and could not answer in depth earlier.
    Home now so it's good.

Yeah in post #15 I ask if you nandroid and to revert back for now.

Anyway, put the cm 6.1.1zip file on your SD card (and Gappstoo if you want)
    You can open ROM manager and chose reboot into recovery.

This is from Cyanogen Wiki, it's the exact steps I followed

Second Method (via Recovery)

1. Download the latest version of CyanogenMod. Optional: Download the HDPI Google Apps for your phone.
    2. Place the CyanogenMod update.zip file on the root of the SD card. Optional: Place the Google Apps .zip on the root of the SD card also.
    3. Boot into the ClockworkMod Recovery.
    4. Once you enter ClockworkMod Recovery, use the side volume buttons to move around, and either the power button or the trackball to select.
    5. Select the option to Wipe data/factory reset.
    6. Then select the option to Wipe cache partition.
    7. Select Install zip from sdcard.
    8. Select Choose zip from sdcard.
    9. Select the CyanogenMod update.zip. Optional: Install the Google Apps by performing steps 7 - 9 again and choosing the Google Apps update.zip.
    10. Once the installation has finished, select +++++Go Back+++++ to get back to the main menu, and select the Reboot system now option. The Nexus One should now boot into CyanogenMod.
    Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED
    Cyanogen Mod Nightly ROM

Ok well sorry I hadnít noticed that on post #15 not a big deal though everything is working fine now so I think I will just flash via ROM manager again but this time wipe data. But thank you very much for your help.

Ladies and gentlemen I have just flashed cm6.1.1 (correctly) . My only question is, I made a backup via titanium on my phone so I could then just restore everything as it was but my problem is how do I get titanium back on my phone so I can restore. Normally I would just use the market but I need to sing in to my Google account to use the market and won't that mess with titanium?

Ok let me rephrase that does anyone know where I can get a titanium backup apk after that I can do the rest but just can't seem to find one thanks in advance.

Shouldn't be a problem, you can set up your Google account and go to market for Titanium backup.
    It's not gonna mess with anything.

Happy New Year glad you got CyanogenMod working
    Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED
    Cyanogen Mod Nightly ROM

Ok thanks and happy new year to you

Ok well this might be a dumb question I'm not sure but is there any way to just let titanium restore everything just like that because it asks me (I'm pretty sure it's the android OS asking me not titanium) if it can install the app each one by one which is long to accept each one individually.

Ok well I flashed it and now I'm running stock again because it was not what I expected first off I found it very jumpy nothing was as smooth as on stock not sure if this is an issue with 6.1.1 or cm al together but I don't like it. The other thing is titanium did not do what I expected it backed up the apps but it did not backup sms didn't check the market links but just the sms I was not happy yes I know that it can be backed up with an app like sms backup but why backup the messaging app if it does not backup the sms themselves. One more thing is that I started putting my home screen back to what it was before then I went to go check something in the settings and then when I got back to the home screen it was all back to the way it started when I flashed the ROM wtf! I only had the ROM for about an hour but it was enough to say that I didn't like it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links