Are we thru yet?

This is a discussion on Are we thru yet? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Well, I am bored! Bought the N1 8 months ago, rooted, and flashed most of the roms numerous times and when any updates came out. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are we thru yet?

Are we thru yet?

Well, I am bored!

Bought the N1 8 months ago, rooted, and flashed most of the roms numerous times and when any updates came out.

Love MIUI--different and still coming of age--smooth and stable

Love Micro's HD Desire--Best of the Best

Gingerbread (Micro's) still all under the hood, so to speak. Ohterwise, still basic Froyo with some animations coming, I guess.

Rest are just versions of these, and maybe not as stable or as professionally maintained.

Have I (or we) reached the pinnacle for new and exciting additions to this phone or any other until the new dual processors with dual cameras are out.

My next interest is in a dual processor (2ghz?) with HD Display and dual cameras that work on 3G/Wifi and can communicate with the iPhone (son has 4g) to do video/audio calls.

Is there anything out there now to rekindle the flame that sparked and grew with my N1 purchase 8 months ago?

Don't get me wrong the N1 is the best overall phone on the market and best looking. There are others that will have one feature better here and one better there. But, not a better package as a whole.

So, light my fire again, if possible!!

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have been thinking the same stuff. I think CM7 will light my fire because I miss the CM extras like 720p etc as I'm using MM's Gingerbread which is great. MIUI is interesting but now that GB is out I can't go back.
    I have been thinking about the new NS being hyped a lot more than the N1 ever was. More advertising. More effort it seems by google even though their website no longer sells phones. Was the N1 just an experiment by google? Still born in their eyes? Will they forget about it and pretend it never happened? I think the NS was a way to 'start again for them'
    All of those things make me like my N1 even more as it will become more exclusive as not that many were sold. It has a building cult following.
    I hope I have helped get some interest back for you.
    Was the only Australian N1 I have seen but my mate now owns one.
    32gb Sandisk.
    CM all the way baby.

Looking forward to CM7 also. Still partial to HD Desire rom. But, not sure where else it can go.

Thanks for input,

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Is the camcorder working on mm's hd desire rom? and also, is it right that you need a 1gb ext partition for it? the only reason I haven't tried it yet is because I already partitioned my sd card, but can't remember what size it is, and don't know how to un- partition it!

I am on his super hybrid rom 2.14 which I love. Also got miui on a backup which I flit back and forth with, the ability to theme it keeps me relatively satisfied. I also have a nandroid of gingerbread, but I miss 720p, trackball wake etc.

Hopefully the new miui style coming out will revive some flagging interests.

Floogle,

Only 720p not working, a common issue on the desire roms. You are probably 512mb on ext. You do need 1gb. a2sd is automatic after first reboot after flashing. No need to mess with DT and commands

Depending on recovery:

Backup sd card--I do it in a card reader outside of phone--much faster

Format it with sdformatter from web, SD Formatter 2.0 for SD/SDHC - SD Association. Use full (erase on) option and format size adjustment (on)

You can confirm size on formatting by using Mini Partition Tool Wizard. It will also show you partitioning/ext info if you want to pull it and put it back in card reader after partitioning

After formatting put it back in phone and format as ext3, zero swap

If using Clockwork the latest version should have 1gb option. Mine does, but it is paid version. You can confirm this before doing anything

If using Amon Ra, I got 2.1.1, It will partition as ext2, then you go back and repartition using ext2 to ext3 option

Put card back in card reader and copy files from pc back to card

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Awesome, cheers bud. Will probably try hd rom in next day or two. I like the sound of the hibernate/ quick boot option.

Of course, you know the cure for nexus one boredom - become a forum moderator! (look at sliceburgslim, once he crossed over the threshold from boredom to super mod, he now rests happy, being able to torment newbies by editing their posts!)

It's fast and smooth and you will love the clock widget

Review op page and last 20 or so pages to get up-to-date

[ROM] MM's SuperHybrid (v2.14 Desire) & HD-Desire v1.6 12/23/10 - xda-developers

Any reboot into system issues while in recovery use the kernal linked in post 2118, I use it and it is considered the best for this rom:

[ROM] MM's SuperHybrid (v2.14 Desire) & HD-Desire v1.6 12/23/10 - Page 212 - xda-developers

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Just quietly if you head over to CM you may find a surprise
    Was the only Australian N1 I have seen but my mate now owns one.
    32gb Sandisk.
    CM all the way baby.

Thanks robt772000,

Saw them and even tried a 6.2. Had problems and some of them are alpha. I have enough problems with betas

Will wait for a beta CM7 from Cyanogen

How's your 32gb Sandisk working, did you partition it yet? Have a friend on another forum that is getting a 32gb Class 10,
    Patriot LX Series 32GB Micro SDHC Flash Card Model PSF32GMCSDHC10 (32GB)

No feedback yet, but I want a stable one that will partition for flashing the big roms.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Yo Ken,
    Am I done yet? Heck no brother! I personally believe that many Dev's did not take the leap and buy the Nexus S and are going to remain with the N1 until a more superior device comes out. Perhaps one with your specs. And until that time I believe we will still see great things to come with the N1. Not too sure about how much more support we will get from Google but from my personal experience Dev's have been a larger part of my life than Google has. I am still very excited about the N1. Keep the faith!
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links