Help? I think i've bricked it.

This is a discussion on Help? I think i've bricked it. within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello, I have a nexus one that isn't working anymore. I was trying to install the cyanogenmod, but I guess I didn't do it correctly. ...

Thread: Help? I think i've bricked it.

Help? I think i've bricked it.

Hello,

I have a nexus one that isn't working anymore. I was trying to install the cyanogenmod, but I guess I didn't do it correctly.

I was following the clockworkmod way form this: Nexus One: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki

When flashing the rom something went wrong. After step 6 my phone didnt reboot, it just stayed off. Now it will only give me the nexus sign if i turn on the phone.

I can still acces the recovery menu when holding Power + volume down.

People told that I should go back to the stock rom.

Can anybody please help me?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

do the passimg method to recover. same happened to me.

I fixed it already, thank you for response.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert01 View Post
    I fixed it already, thank you for response.
    Good to hear. You should post how you fixed it cause I'm sure others might run into the same problems.
    Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED
    Cyanogen Mod Nightly ROM

I'm giving to much credit to myself by saying that I fixed. Somebody else, with alot more knowledge then me, fixed it for me. The guy told me that my phone wasn't bricked and just needed to be flashed to a new rom. Don't know exactly what went down.

Well my guess is that the ROM didn't flash right and ended up with nothing left on the phone and the guy who gave you a hand just flashed a new ROM and got it working again do you still want to flash ROMs or did this scare you away from all that.

Yeah a phone is not "bricked" if you can still get into recovery.:D
    Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED
    Cyanogen Mod Nightly ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Well my guess is that the ROM didn't flash right and ended up with nothing left on the phone and the guy who gave you a hand just flashed a new ROM and got it working again do you still want to flash ROMs or did this scare you away from all that.
    At first yeah I got a little bit scared of flashing new roms since I messed up before. But the guy that helped me explained to me that it is quite hard to brick your phone.

I'm now running the Ethernom Rom and I am happy with it. Maybe in the future I will check out the Cyanogenmod.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballfanz View Post
    Yeah a phone is not "bricked" if you can still get into recovery.:D
    I was just going to say...

A bricked device can usually only be recovered via JTAG at the factory. Hence the term brick... like a rock... a useless paperweight.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links