Simple SDK setup guide

This is a discussion on Simple SDK setup guide within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I just played around, seems it is functioning. but I tried to use ROM Manager to "Flash Clockworkmod Recovery", but there's an error, and I ...

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple SDK setup guide

I just played around, seems it is functioning.
    but I tried to use ROM Manager to "Flash Clockworkmod Recovery", but there's an error, and I also tried to "Backup Current Rom", also an error, maybe I don't have Clockwork installed?
    my other N1 doesn't need to install Clockworkmod seperately.
    I just searched the Market for Clockwork, but it only comes up ROM Manager.

anyway I can use this N1 regularly as other one? such as backing up a Current Rom. just thinking to nice to have application backed up instead of downloading them everytime anything happen to the phone.

Well if you can't flash clockwork mod then that means that you can't backup the ROM that is for sure because the stock recovery can't flash any custom ROMs. I would try clear cache and data from ROM manager and then if that doesn't work maybe uninstall reinstall.

Ok sorry my bad I didn't read back in the thread last time I post without doing that . But the thing is you have a custom recovery installed it's just not clockwork mod it's Amon RA which most people think is much better so I would stick to that the only thing is that you won't be able to use ROM manager which isn't really a big deal because you can get the ROMs from websites and then just switch them to your SD card.

If you want to backup your current ROM you need to reboot into recovery you can use quick boot from the market, the reboot option in the menu when you hold down the power button or just power down the go through bootloader. Then from within Amon RA you can backup which btw we call a nandroid backup .

Now the last thing in you mentioned is to be able to backup your apps? If so well that can be done with titanium backup you can backup all your apps and data then reinstall it all in the new ROM once you flashed it.

Talking

Thank you, everything is done now are working in good condition.
    what I did was, just need to update the Rom manager and Superuser, it was version 2.5, now is 3.0, so I can flash clockworkmod recovery and back up current ROM now and this was for the troubled N1(my wife's) I was resolving and it is working great, using CM6.1 .
    the build# changed from newer FRG83G to older FRG83D, but it's alright.

I also updated the CM7 for my own N1 just now, everything is perfect. Yes, I didn't use Rom manager, I copied to SD card and flash them from the Recovery mode instead.

for the CM6, because everything was clean not I already saved the data before wiping, I only need to install a few apps from the market, it was not too bad.
    for the CM7, well, alot of apps, but I synced them with Google before, so as soon as I connected to Wifi, they automatically downloaded for me, it was great too. I like this CM7 indeed it's good to experience android 2.3.

you are a great helper, THANK YOU!

Ok, please excuse my noob question.

I installed the SDK files, USB drivers and have cmd.exe in the platform-tools folder. When I try and use the adb command in the command prompt, it gives me a "adb: permission denied" error. What makes it even more strange is that sometimes I am able to push and run rageagainstthecage (I usually have to reboot both the phone and the computer to do it), but I have never been able to get to the temp root state. What am I doing wrong?

When I am able to run rageagainstthecage, whenever I try to verify the exploit ran correctly, it tells me that it cannot find the device "error: device not found".

Thanks for your help!

I'm guessing that you have already upgraded to 2.3.3?
    The old rooting methods no longer seem to work with 2.3.3, and so you'll probably have to wait until a new exploit is found...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Yes, I do have 2.3.3. Thanks very much danger-rat, I was knocking my head against the wall for a while there. You rock.

So 2.3.3 cannot be rooted using the
    manual SDK method?

I am sure that a new exploit will be found!

I think this time I am going to root without a doubt. The only
    thing basically that was holding me back was waiting for Gingerbread.

.:. phoneStats .:.
    .:. Nexus One
    .:. version 2.3.4
    .:. build number GRJ22
    .:. ROOT - Stock Gingerbread img
    .:. Update from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to 2.3.4 and maintain root

If you have an unlocked bootloader you can install a custom recovery, then install su from recovery.

I believe the rage author has also come up with Gingerbreak, but is holding off on releasing it until more Gingerbread phones exist...

It's also possible to revert to an earlier build of Android, root using this guide, and then install a rooted version of 2.3.3...

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links