Simple SDK setup guide

This is a discussion on Simple SDK setup guide within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello, Danger-rat, well, my N1 is already unlocked and installed CM6 from recovery, is my phone rooted yet? I am still receiving the update reminder ...

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple SDK setup guide

Hello, Danger-rat,
    well, my N1 is already unlocked and installed CM6 from recovery, is my phone rooted yet? I am still receiving the update reminder from Google from past 2 days, reminding me to upgrade to 2.3.3; I don't want to go back to the stock one now, I like CM.
    Is there any way to stop the noticefication forever? I don't want it come up all the time.

by the way, do you use CM7 RC1? it's a battery drainer, still need to be debug. drained my full battery overnight in sleep mode, but I don't want to go back to CM6 now because it is better and nicer, except the battery issue, it has the Gingerbread installed.

Wassup!

The only way I know to kill the OTA notifications is to flash the attached zip. It will install an app called FOTA-Kill...
    http://db.tt/6ZINvHe

If you're on a custom ROM like CM6, you're definitely rooted, but the OTA may not be disabled...

I currently have a CM7 nightly installed. Battery is crap, but I'm always near a charger, so I don't care to much...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

wow, awesome app, just installed;

you are so helpful!

You're welcome! xD

a big Off Topic question but I think danger rat you can help me so here is my question.

So i got this new microSD card and I wanna move everything from my old card (card A) to new card (card B), what should I do?

Problem is, I had my card A partitioned and have everything installed on the card itself (using CM7 but modded with apps2ext built in). Without the card A, the phone wont function properly.

My attempt was, to boot the phone into Ra Recovery in an attempt to partition my card B there inserted. But it turned out, without card A, I can't even get into Ra Recovery mode.

So my question is, how do I partition and move everything from card A to card B without the help of the phone? Do I just move everything from A to B through PC and that's it? no need redo partitioning? Or are there any other way?

I plan to keep (the way I followed other's instruction using Ra Recovery):

swap size 256
    ext2 size 1024
    FAT32 size remainder

then SD: ext2 to ext3

Thanks a lot.

You should be able to boot into recovery without card A. What exactly is it doing?

A workaround would be to install a temporary ROM, without any apps or a2ext, and use that while you're partitioning, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    You should be able to boot into recovery without card A. What exactly is it doing?

A workaround would be to install a temporary ROM, without any apps or a2ext, and use that while you're partitioning, etc?

as a matter of fact, i think, without the card it really couldn't go into the Ra Recovery, etc maybe because the recovery is in the card?

but anyway

ok.. did some research

research indicates that I can actually install some software on my PC to "move" the partitioned files from the old card to new through PC. But partitioning a SD card using PC is a no no.

so............ i think I found a way to work around all these stuff... all because I have a spare Hero.

I immediately took out my old 2.1 Hero, rooted it using Universal Androot. Installed ROM manager and flashed Ra Recovery and partitioned the new card right away.

Copied the ext3 stuff from my old card to my PC using that particular downloaded software. Pasted them into the ext3 of new card using PC again. At last, moved everything else from old card to new card.

Plugged the new card in the N1. Works like a charm.

Well, now i have a 16Gb class 6 card (SD card tester shows a class 6) in my N1 and hope it goes smoother. the old one claimed to be class 6 but SD card tester identifies it as class 2.

glad to have a spare Android phone.

thanks for your inspiration

Great bit of creative work! xD

Just to elaborate on partitioning a card on the PC. Windows doesn't "do" ext partitions, so one solution is to use a Linux live CD and partition from that...

Anyway, great resolution!

danger, i used the method that you wrote in the first post of this thread to root my nexus one running froyo FRG83G 2.2.2 and it was successfully rooted. After that, i reflashed the stock rom to update to gingerbread GRI40 2.3.3 after using it for a couple of days today i tried to root my phone again but i was unsuccessful, this is what i did today.

first i flashed stock FRG33 then updated it to FRG83 then to FRG83D and then finally to FRG83G 2.2.2 and i tried to root the phone but it didn't worked this time. the problem i faced was that whenever i executed the command "adb devices" to check if the phone was connected it didn't returned any device id infact it displayed an empty list. I followed exactly what you said many time throughly checking again and again not to miss any step but still it didn't worked..

do you have any idea why is this happening, how can i fix this isssue and root my phone again without unlocking the bootloader.

thanks in advance

Have you enabled usb debugging?

Also, when I've had problems getting the phone to mount, I connect with fastboot (just "fastboot devices", with the phone at the fastboot screen), then from the phone boot straight into recovery and try "adb devices"...

Seems to help sometimes...

If not, try rebooting your phone and/or PC...

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links