Simple SDK setup guide

This is a discussion on Simple SDK setup guide within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'll try and add some more this weekend. I was thinking of instructions for installing a custom recovery, making backups, and flashing ROMs... MD5 failure ...

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple SDK setup guide

I'll try and add some more this weekend.
    I was thinking of instructions for installing a custom recovery, making backups, and flashing ROMs...

MD5 failure means exactly what you said, the file is corrupt.
    There's not a lot you can do, except extract all the info from the img, and see if you can restore portions of it...

How did you make your backup?

To fix, try opening Titanium, then under the menu, select the "problems" option...
    See if you can make a backup that works (the old backups are probably toast).

You can usually restore a ROM by flashing it again, then restoring you Titanium backup. So you may not be completely out of luck...

sfb
    danger-rat,
    Thank you SO MUCH for these simple to follow instructions.
    Success with 2.2.2 on my N1.
    Bookmarked!

You're welcome!
    Enjoy the dark side! xD

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

wow you guys got Aseems to root his phone?

been on and off reading forums and i remember when i first joined the forum, i remember Aseems being in the non-root gang haha...

O/T.. Thanks for the walkthrough danger-rat :D
    tried out RoDrIgUeZsTyLe MIUIMOD... and it's AWESOME

Quote Originally Posted by Happiboi View Post

been on and off reading forums and i remember when i first joined the forum, i remember Aseems being in the non-root gang haha...
    Yeah....I'm still in shock I've lost my staunchest ally.

Danger-rat thank you, I use the tried and tested Rom Manager by koushik dutta aka clockworkmod recovery

Don't know how to flash any other way... Till you write and teach

No Modaco or Amon Ra yet... I'd gotten greedy and tried to emulate my first bud, Slice's config, but got badly 6ít(h slapped!

Blame Google!

I loved being a virgin, but hey... Gotta give it up to continue the species!

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Happiboi View Post

Yeah....I'm still in shock I've lost my staunchest ally.

This is soooo confusing for a novice! Can any body tell me what is the benifit of rooting? And where to find step-by-step instructions for a dummy like me :-(.....thanks. all of you.

Benefit of rooting:
    Normally, you have limited access to make changes to your operating system, which pretty much limits you to installing apps, and maybe some minor tweaks.
    Rooting gives you access to other parts of the operating system, and allows you to change things you couldn't change before. This could be simply making a complete system backup, our something more complex, like changing the way your system looks/feels (with a new ROM).
    Basically, rooting gives you more options...

Once rooted, you can stop there (stock ROM). Many people want the stock Android experience, so you can keep that, but also have the ability to do things like backups, remove some pre-installed apps (Amazon, etc), or get more space on their phone with an ext partition. These are things you can't do without root access...

Some people want to take it further, and change the look and feel of their phone, or just get more functionality. These can be simple changes, like installing a theme, or more large scale changes like changing the whole ROM.

If you stick with a completely stock ROM, any time you install a stock update, you will lose root.

Non-stock ROMs are typically pre-rooted, so you don't have that problem.

A popular away of installing ROMs is via a simple front end interface called the recovery. The stock recovery will only let you install official software. A custom recovery will give you more flexibility on what you can install...

Remember, getting more access to your system also means you have more risk of screwing things up!

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Dear iamsra
    Don't root till you feel constrained...
    Once you have mastered your phone... You will not feel like a novice... Hey it took me 9 months of extended use and the environment of this forum to start feeling constrained...

Don't root as long as you want, or till you're confident of your ability and the unstinting support of the people on this forum

You WILL root when the time is right... Trust us!

Quote Originally Posted by iamsra View Post
    This is soooo confusing for a novice! Can any body tell me what is the benifit of rooting? And where to find step-by-step instructions for a dummy like me :-(.....thanks. all of you.

aseems has a point you shouldn't root your phone until you feal comfortable on android because rooting has ALOT of good points but if you don't know what you are doing you can do ALOT of bad. So it is all depending on how fast you learn and your comfirtable with your phone it took aseems 9 months but I did it with only 4 months so just get used to using your phone and spend lots of time in the development and hacking section if you want to root sooner. And most of all have fun with stock android while you have it.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links