Simple SDK setup guide

This is a discussion on Simple SDK setup guide within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; thanks for the guide. never found rooting so easy using adb.. thanks really appreciate your work :D...

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple SDK setup guide

thanks for the guide. never found rooting so easy using adb..

thanks really appreciate your work :D

You're welcome!
    Hopefully it was informative too?

I feel there's too many "click and cross your fingers" guides out there, and a lot of people walk away with no idea what they did... xD

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

ya u are right the guides available are too complicated with no instruction of what you are doing...

your guide was really informative..

Hi guys-
    Been a while since I've posted. I got the 2.2.2 update and lost my universal androot, which i hadn't really done anything with aside from superuser for an app or two. I've become so frustrated with my phone that I have to try a custom rom. If things don't get better I'm going to look into other options.

I've followed danger's instructions up to making a system backup- I booted into recovery from the bootloader screen (HBOOT recovery option), which brought up clockworkmod recovery. I selected backup and restore. Now I'm stuck with a black screen with a hat and circular orange arrow. It's been about 15 minutes. What do I need to do next? Or, what did I do wrong?

Thanks

I think Koush is having some issues with his clockwork recovery. Not sure what version you have (what color is the text), but you might want to try a different version, or even Amon Ra's recovery...?

Text is orange- v3.0.0.5.
    What can I do from this screen? I've found if I hit power it goes back to the recovery menu. Will 'reboot system now' get me to where I can get another version or Amon Ra?

Thanks danger

Yes, you should be able to boot system no problem. You were just making a backup, so out won't have changed any files...

All set with CM6! Restoring everything with titanium now.

Thanks danger. Your guide was immensely helpful- as you may have guessed from my questions I'm not an expert.

i used your guide and rooted my nexus one 2.2.2 but i wanted to know that is there a way to unlock apps in the market which are limited to countries and to install cyanogenmod 7 without unlocking the bootloader.... secondly is there a way to unroot my phone... your help will be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

No idea about being able to get apps from other countries. Theres an alternative market somewhere, but I can't remember the name...

Unrooting is possible, and very easy. The easiest method is to just flash the stock ROM that is included with ROM Manager. That will run the updates to get it to the latest version, and rebooting the phone will restore the recovery to stock. I've done it myself, then rooted the latest stock ROM using this method (just so I can say it works)...

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links