Simple SDK setup guide

This is a discussion on Simple SDK setup guide within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; thanks a lot danger-rat for helping i unrooted my phone by using passimg.zip of FRG33. i used CM7 RC1 but there are some bugs in ...

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple SDK setup guide

thanks a lot danger-rat for helping i unrooted my phone by using passimg.zip of FRG33. i used CM7 RC1 but there are some bugs in it and some of my applications didn't worked because they weren't compatible thats why i have to unroot it other than that CM7 is great..

nice danger, but is there a simple setup for mac? i have the sdk setup running but im not exactly clear as to how flashing software on to device through terminal works.
    btw i have build: frg83g
    running: 2.2.2

I know very little about macs...

I do know that you use the adbmac binary, instead of the adb binary, and so you have to substitute the "adb" command in my guide for "adbmac"...

I don't know how/if you set up drivers on a mac, our how you run terminal style commands...?

If you can connect to the phone and get a response from typing "adbmac devices", I would suggest just giving it a try, and seeing how far you can get. You can't really do any harm...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    I know very little about macs...

I do know that you use the adbmac binary, instead of the adb binary, and so you have to substitute the "adb" command in my guide for "adbmac"...

I don't know how/if you set up drivers on a mac, our how you run terminal style commands...?

If you can connect to the phone and get a response from typing "adbmac devices", I would suggest just giving it a try, and seeing how far you can get. You can't really do any harm...

cool ill give it a try , thanks

Supersmart question.
    How do you guys extract the SDK file? with a can opener? i tried that option, didn't work. i also tried 7 zip, uniextract, winrar, stuffit for win and maybe somethig else
    should i hang myself?
    ALSO.. I HAVE MY PWR BUTTON DIED. in case i get to the point of where i need to push it while... what should i do?

MANY THANKS!

I use either Winrar or Winzip. Just right click and "extract here". You may have a corrupt download...?

The power button is only really used to get into the fastboot screen of the bootloader, which isn't essential (I've found it sometimes helps force the pc to install the drivers).

You can get into the fastboot screen by connecting your phone to a charger, removing your battery, then holding the trackball while inserting the battery. You may have to try inserting the battery a few times, but it will eventually start...

Thank you Doctor D-R! The thing is i downloaded 2 times from mega, and then from mirror some guy asked you for, totally 3 identical archives, and 4 unarchivers ))) it might be screwy Russian Internet spoiling SDK's for us to order p buttons every other month )
    yeah, i forgot about winzip, downloading trial now, let's see..
    no good.
    I even installed JavaFX 1.3 SDK package, does it have anything to do with our business?
    If not, could you please upload unzipped file (if there's only one but not a bunch of course)
    If i'm bothering you with such stupid problem, just ignore, no big deal.
    THANKS ANYWAY!

Do you have the drivers already installed? Theres only about 4 or 5 files, if you already have the drivers...

Let me know, and I'll upload the others...

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I tried unzipping on another machine (both win7 64 Ultimate), no good
    now i downloaded drivers from xda guys, unzipped them (wow) and i'll be trying to install them.

drivers done

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links