Having problems loading recovery to N1

This is a discussion on Having problems loading recovery to N1 within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi all, Trying to root my N1, and I'm at the step where I have to flash load the recovery file. When I try to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having problems loading recovery to N1

Talking Having problems loading recovery to N1

Hi all,

Trying to root my N1, and I'm at the step where I have to flash load the recovery file.

When I try to load the recovery file from cmd, I get an message "error: cannot load recovery-RA-passion-v2.2.1.img". I got the recovery file from this link - [Recovery] [07-Jan-2011] RA-passion-v2.2.1 - xda-developers

I've also tried to flash by copying the recovery file to my sdcard and using the terminal emulator. The message I get is similar.

Any ideas? I've done a few searches cant seem to get past this.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I moved this into it's own thread, where it will probably be seen sooner for assistance.

If I were you I would just download ROM manager and flash the recovery from there you have the choice of clockwork mod or Amon RA but the features of ROM manager are only available if you have clockwork mod.

No Clockwork Recovery

I downloaded and ran the ROM Manager. To flash, I pressed Flash ClockworkMod Recovery, gave SU permissions then says it successfully flash.

To test, I rebooted into Fastboot, selected fastboot > recovery. When I pressed recovery, it started booting with the Nexus boot screen and unlocked padlock. Next, I expected to see the ClockworkMod Recovery Screen, but I get a black screen.

Is this normal?

I tried again.

I rebooted into Fastboot, selected fastboot > recovery. When I pressed recovery, it started booting with the Nexus boot screen and unlocked padlock. Next, I expected to see the ClockworkMod Recovery Screen, but now I get caution sign with the green Android robot.

Quote Originally Posted by tlvan View Post
    I tried again.

I rebooted into Fastboot, selected fastboot > recovery. When I pressed recovery, it started booting with the Nexus boot screen and unlocked padlock. Next, I expected to see the ClockworkMod Recovery Screen, but now I get caution sign with the green Android robot.
    Press volume up and power at the same time and that will get you to a blue reboot screen. Select reboot and you'll be back.

Still have the green robot/caution sign screen when i hold volume up and power for 10 seconds. It hasn't changed. I can only reboot if I do a battery pull

What do I need to get into Clockwork Recovery Mode? Im a bit of noob to android, but I did expect to get into Clockwork Recovery Mode after flashing from ROM Manager. Thats reasonable isn't it?

Thanks!

Try tapping the buttons repeatedly instead of holding them
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Yes, that worked.

Now, I realize I'm in the standard recovery mode NOT Clockwork, or RA recovery mode. Am stuck.

To recap, I've tried three ways to get a recovery image on my N1. None seem to work. Any other ideas I've been troubleshooting for hours.

I've tried to:
    1. Load recovery image from cmd in windows - FAIL
    2. Load recovery image from sdcard and terminal launcher - FAIL
    3. Load recovery image from ROM Manager - FAIL

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tlvan View Post
    Yes, that worked.

Now, I realize I'm in the standard recovery mode NOT Clockwork, or RA recovery mode. Am stuck.

To recap, I've tried three ways to get a recovery image on my N1. None seem to work. Any other ideas I've been troubleshooting for hours.

I've tried to:
    1. Load recovery image from cmd in windows - FAIL
    2. Load recovery image from sdcard and terminal launcher - FAIL
    3. Load recovery image from ROM Manager - FAIL

Thanks
    What steps did you take to Root the phone?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links