[Nightlies] CM7

This is a discussion on [Nightlies] CM7 within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I can understand the hesitation for some ROM's, but with Cyanogen, they've proven themselves over the years with the ROM's starting with the G1, and ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nightlies] CM7

I can understand the hesitation for some ROM's, but with Cyanogen, they've proven themselves over the years with the ROM's starting with the G1, and yes it is a leap of faith to flash an unknown ROM onto your device. There are risks involved with flashing any file. I've locked my N1 up numerous times with incorrect steps, or bad links, but I've learned each time how to recover. It's just an adventure if you're willing to take it.

Here's some of the goodies available over stock
    720p recording
    FM radio
    Multicolor Trackball
    Apps2SD
    Lockscreen Gestures
    Quiet Hours
    Render Effects i.e. night vision mode etc.
    180 degree screen rotation
    Screen on/off animation
    Overscroll effects
    Overclock/undervolt
    Plus I consistently have 40MB+ of memory, vs the stock 19MB (low memory icon) with 243 applications loaded.

This has kept the Nexus One current and in the running with other new devices. Google has a priority to move the software forward. Development on Gingerbread was started with the N1, and finished with the NS, and no doubt the developers are working on Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich and probably the update after that, so it may just be one or two developers finishing up GB for the N1. Who's to say what device they are working with now that the NS is done. :nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by mightytalldude View Post
    I can understand the hesitation for some ROM's, but with Cyanogen, they've proven themselves over the years with the ROM's starting with the G1, and yes it is a leap of faith to flash an unknown ROM onto your device. There are risks involved with flashing any file. I've locked my N1 up numerous times with incorrect steps, or bad links, but I've learned each time how to recover. It's just an adventure if you're willing to take it.

Here's some of the goodies available over stock
    720p recording
    FM radio
    Multicolor Trackball
    Apps2SD
    Lockscreen Gestures
    Quiet Hours
    Render Effects i.e. night vision mode etc.
    180 degree screen rotation
    Screen on/off animation
    Overscroll effects
    Overclock/undervolt
    Plus I consistently have 40MB+ of memory, vs the stock 19MB (low memory icon) with 243 applications loaded.

This has kept the Nexus One current and in the running with other new devices. Google has a priority to move the software forward. Development on Gingerbread was started with the N1, and finished with the NS, and no doubt the developers are working on Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich and probably the update after that, so it may just be one or two developers finishing up GB for the N1. Who's to say what device they are working with now that the NS is done. :nexusx:
    I guess it's refreshing to see that someone understands my hesitance. But from your list, the following are available in 2.2.1:
    Multicolor Trackball (Blink)
    Apps to SD (Apps 2 SD)
    180 degree screen rotation (native)...actually, I get full 360 degree rotation!
    Overscroll effects (ADW Launcher EX)

FM radio just doesnt' matter to me...I love Slacker Radio. FM is the pits!
    720p recording would be nice, but really doesn't matter
    Render effects might be nice, but there's plenty of photo manipulation apps
    Screen on/off effects is just bling
    Overclock/undervolt...I'm quite happy with the speed of the N1 as it is.

The only benefit you mention that would appeal to me is more available memory...as it is, I periodically get rid of apps I just don't use. Not a big deal, really.

Again, should I end up getting an Atrix, I'll have a valid reason to root: to get rid of that abomination called MotoBlur. I still think the Nexus' biggest attraction is Android as Google wrote it.

Apps2sd is OK, but it's not really a solution to running out of space on the Nexus. Neither is deleting apps.

Apps2ext isn't prefect either, but I find it a lot easier to live with than the alternatives.

I like the stock Google Android, but I think it has it's problems, also...

I guess I see it as the same as tweaking anything, cars, motorcycles, or whatever. You get a product that potentially better suites your desires, but at the risk of reliability...

Point taken, danger-rat. And I'm very selective about the mods I do to my vehicles as well. Generally, I limit them to suspension, braking, and light breathing mods. I find that those make me faster than typical "hot rod" mods like cams, hi-compression pistons, etc.
    As Pirelli said in their ads a few years ago: Power is useless without control.

As Wyatt Earp said:
    Speed is important, but accuracy is everything! xD

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

True! Which implies that it's up to ME to improve my skills at using the device/vehicle, rather than trusting someone else to make up for my relative lack of skill. :D

Very true!
    You should always know and understand your toys.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Not sure if mentioned here or contrdicted on CM7 nightly thread at XDA. But, starting with build 5, no upgrade to Hboot 35 needed. 33 will work. Re-confirm that for yourself first. As for me, I really didn't want to upgrade and lose any functionality on roms and apps I currenently use. Not that I will, just didn't want to chance it.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Not sure if mentioned here or contrdicted on CM7 nightly thread at XDA. But, starting with build 5, no upgrade to Hboot 35 needed. 33 will work. Re-confirm that for yourself first. As for me, I really didn't want to upgrade and lose any functionality on roms and apps I currenently use. Not that I will, just didn't want to chance it.

Ken
    I can confirm that Hboot 33 does work as I'm on build #5 with no Hboot upgrade. I did a full wipe between the two as coming from #3 using clockworkmod caused a loop when I first tried to update and it kept kicking me to the hboot screen.

confirmed dude,

just flashed 5 and so good so far, fast and smooth

not enough time yet to see what doesn't work

after all it is a pre beta
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links