How to get 2 diff. notification for exchange mail ?

This is a discussion on How to get 2 diff. notification for exchange mail ? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Experts ! just wondering... i have rooted N1. and i have 3 different exchange server's mail accounts added to my phone. The problem is, i ...

Thread: How to get 2 diff. notification for exchange mail ?

Angry How to get 2 diff. notification for exchange mail ?

Experts !
    just wondering...
    i have rooted N1. and i have 3 different exchange server's mail accounts added to my phone.
    The problem is, i am not able to set diff. visual and audio notification for all 3.

Phone only understand the exchange server.
    So, i have hotmail added as exchange mail account and my company's email as exchange.

i want 2 diff. audiable and the trackball notification for both my exchange mail a/c.
    is it possible ? HOw ?

Thanks .

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Not in the native app. The native Gmail app has this capability and I believe Touchdown does too.

I know you can set a couple different sounds, if you go into your email and hit the menu button and then Account settings. If you scroll down a little you can change the sound for it. Same thing with Gmail, you just hit the menu and then more and then Settings, then you can scroll down and change that sound too. You can also do the same method for the gtalk app and the Messaging app. With the Messaging app I have the option to change the Vibrate pattern too, not sure if it's just because I have a modded Gingerbread rom though.

So basically you have the default notification sound, then you can change each email, messaging and gtalk to it's own sound different from the default. But I'm not %100 sure if you have that option to make it a different sound for each exchange like you want.

for gmail its not working

Yes, for exchange server, i can setup diff. tones. but i am not able to set it up for gmail. i m using gmail standerd app.

Quote Originally Posted by jigsb View Post
    Yes, for exchange server, i can setup diff. tones. but i am not able to set it up for gmail. i m using gmail standerd app.
    All I'm using is the gmail standard app, always have been too. Are you sure there's no option when you click the menu button then go to More then Settings, then scroll down to the bottom and you can select ringtone under Notification settings.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links