Rooting Froyo 2.2.2 after stock image flash?

This is a discussion on Rooting Froyo 2.2.2 after stock image flash? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I just flashed my N1 from the custom Videotron ROM to FRG83G (well, 2 updates below then applied OTA updates until I got to FRG83G)... ...

Thread: Rooting Froyo 2.2.2 after stock image flash?

Rooting Froyo 2.2.2 after stock image flash?

I just flashed my N1 from the custom Videotron ROM to FRG83G (well, 2 updates below then applied OTA updates until I got to FRG83G)... and I lost root in the process.

I was using Universal Androot to root it before, but that is using an exploit which has been fixed in 2.2.x so I need a manual method... Is there one? If so, which link? There's so many posts about it I'm getting lost (sort of new at this...).

Any help appreciated!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm not sure that you can root 2.2.2 with one click apps. You can tryout superoneclick though it was made for 2.2.1. I think you'll have to root manually with the help of sdk tools.

There's a clear and nice topic : simple sdk setup and manual root guide, made by danger-rat.

I'm no N1 geek, maybe another member can advise otherwise.

*That's why i'm staying on 2.2. I don't want to struggle with root wich, I dont know why, i struggled a lot to get.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

mah
    I was rooted (using a one click root, don't recall which one) on 2.2.1, and as expected, when I allows the 2.2.2 update to come in, I lost root.

After that I was not able to re-root using either superoneclick or z4root. I followed the manual rooting guide (in the top stickied post in this forum) and was able to re-gain root with minor problem.

The manual instructions state that the root attempt (./rageagainstthecage) might not work and in that case, just try again as needed. My minor problem was that it didn't work on the first try, that's all (so not really a problem). The second try worked fine for me, and now Titanium Backup is happy again.

Glad to hear it worked. I was wondering if anyone was actually using it... xD

Link:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...e-windows.html

Of course they are using it, just not me and my traditional luck. Lol ))

*Posted from my sweet Nexus One

Glad to know that link worked. Have reached the point that I'm not worried about stock 2.3.1 or 2.3.2. anymore as CM7 nightlies have filed that void nicely and are current with 2.3.2.

PSF

Same here

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Glad to hear it worked. I was wondering if anyone was actually using it... xD

Link:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...e-windows.html

Oh yeah! It worked in only one try.
    Thanx!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links