Disable OTA Updates 2.2 Nexus One - How??

This is a discussion on Disable OTA Updates 2.2 Nexus One - How?? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi, Nexu One rooted Inherited a Nexus One Rooted. Am a bit of a noob, but had it configured fine. Lated OTA update cause a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disable OTA Updates 2.2 Nexus One - How??

Disable OTA Updates 2.2 Nexus One - How??

Hi,

Nexu One rooted

Inherited a Nexus One Rooted. Am a bit of a noob, but had it configured fine. Lated OTA update cause a number of market apps to contine to crash with Force close.

Ended up Factory reset and it prompted for the OTA update. This then caused ....Acore and some other google service to continue to crash. Did the custome ROM thing and after a waster day and nigh got something that was 2.2 stable again (not sure how - many false starts etc etc).

Well I am happy that I have a phone that works, but I am getting the OTA update message every half hour or so. I just want to leave the phone where it is for the moment - it works.

I have read that renaming /etc/security/otacerts.zip would stop the updates. Did that still get the damned updates.

Is there some way that works to stops getting the OTA updates??

UPDATE: Well according to 'the web' if you rename the /etc/security/otacerts.zip then any update will fail. Tried the update, it actually seemed to go ahead (unfortunately). Now I have the problem that I had midway through screwing around for 24 hours yesterday, ie. the phone works, but the Home button does not. It provides haptic feedback, but noting happens. The only fix I could find was to, you guessed it, reset to factory defaults. I'm not going through that gain. The phone will not ring it goes straight to voicemail. aaaaaaarghhhhhhhhh

Tried a recovery with the FRF83.zip file. No better, straight to voicemail - ie. does not ring and does not recognise the Dock (ie says to put it in the Dock even though it is in the Dock and charging). Very frustrating.....

UPDATE UPDATE: Well did a titanium Restore (again) and some of the phone working. Stop, Start, Stop, remove battery, replace battery, Start and now (some apps missing and bluetooth needed to unpair and pair again), but phone now rings and home button now works - go figure....... Apologies for the running commentary.......

Thanks,
    Kevin

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

So... does that mean that you the update notification to stop prompting you?

Try this [How-to] Prep Nexus One for Gingerbread

This guide should get everything working back to normal.

Theres a file you flash to disable OTAs. Do a search for FOTAKill.

That's all I have to say about that (Forest Gump)...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

To All,

Thanks for the replies......

Kevin

I never found the FOTAKill file ;(

*Posted from my sweet rooted Nexus One via hitn'yak

I found what looks like (linux?) source (beyond my level of competence to figure out how to get it working) but no windows executable, MSI or EXE file. If there was a windows executable/installation file somewhere I'd be happy to give it a go....

Kevin

I'm sorry I don't know of any exe that would help you, but the guide on my last post should fix all of your problems.

FOTAkill
    http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/1...e-ota-updates/

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Ahh.... tx dude

*Posted from my sweet rooted Nexus One via hitn'yak

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links