Unable to flash recovery!! WHAT?!

This is a discussion on Unable to flash recovery!! WHAT?! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; last week i rooted my phone and flashed miui rom i found it very good but i wanted to try out the evil nxsense rom ...

Thread: Unable to flash recovery!! WHAT?!

Unable to flash recovery!! WHAT?!

last week i rooted my phone and flashed miui rom i found it very good but i wanted to try out the evil nxsense rom so i wiped everything including dalvik cache and installed desire rom.

everything was working fine when yesterday i realized that my internal memory was low so i had already created ext3 so i used the terminal emulator and typed the commands to move the dalvike cache, but as soon as i did it the phone rebooted and kept on rebooting for several times, so i removed the battery and booted into recovery and did reboot system now and everything went fine again..

but today when i tried to flash clockwork mod recovery it said "failed to flash recovery" although i can still boot into recovery i tried to do a reboot but still it kept on rebooting so i did the same removed the battery and booted into recovery and did reboot system now...

i dont know what is happening with my phone, any help would be highly appreciated ...

thanks in advance..
    rooted and installed MIUI rom

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Not sure how you are trying to install recovery?

If your bootloader is unlocked, you could simply flash a new image that way. Finder you are already rooted, you probably have a backup, so you could even consider unlocking the bootloader...

If not, you can try the passimg method to get a stock ROM on the phone. You would have to root again, but that's easy enough...

The other option is to see if you can connect with adb, and use flash_image to install something...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

no my bootloader is not unlocked and i dont think i will be unlocking it.. i am going to upgrade from my current 4gb card to 8gb so i think i will wipe everything again and try installing the rom again..

but the recovery image is already installed it just says cannot flash recovery..

Interesting...

I've read that Koush had problems with his website, which effected some of the downloads. Is the recovery something you recently downloaded?

My suggestion would be to flash a different recovery, and see if that works. If it does, I would try and download another version of clockwork, and see if that works...

I'd feel a bit sketchy about running a recovery that said it hadn't installed properly, especially if you're relying on it for backups...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

If you are using rom mgr, try fix permissions from the main menu.

Not sure what you have/use, but--

You can try to flash amon ra from rom mgr and use it. Just know that whatever recovery you use to bu you must restore with it.

I use amon ra exclusively and only boot into recovery thru pwr button or preferably Quick Boot. Mostly QB

Can you still mount your sd card, or if you are in recovery can you wipe it with no errors. I have had issues with sd cards/ext's between roms like MIUI/CM7 and sense/desire roms. Backup sd card now before you go to far, if it is working.

Good Luck,

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

i figured it out (i think). i booted into recovery did a full wipe of everything and tried to reflash evils desire rom but it said "opening error RAW_IMAGE Installation aborted" so what i did was i flashed the MIUI rom again and everything is working fine again...

i think there is some think to do with the desire rom and sd card ext..

i will be upgrading to 8gb card and i will then try flashing the desire rom..

thanks rugmakc for the suggestion i have taken a back up of my sd card..

I didn't really think about it, but you need a 1gb ext for the desire roms.

512 won't do it

the roms are over 600mb, at least micro's was and he ports it from evil
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

hmmmn but i used the instructions from one of the links here to flash desire rom..

but today before going to school i tried to flash the evil nxsense desire rom again by wiping everything first but it gave me this error: "Board does not support untld util : E failure at line 444. Write raw_image Package boot.img boot installation aborted.

so i flashed the miui rom again and everything worked fine again. just wondering what is the problem with that rom?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links