SD Card Problem (?)

This is a discussion on SD Card Problem (?) within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi all, I am experiencing a problem possibly with my SD card and would love some advise. Recently I got on board with CM7 nightlies. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SD Card Problem (?)

SD Card Problem (?)

Hi all,

I am experiencing a problem possibly with my SD card and would love some advise.

Recently I got on board with CM7 nightlies. Since that time I have not flashed any other roms until today.

When I tried to restore a previous rom saved on the SD card (micromod gingerbread) the restore got to the point of sd card...app-private and would get frozen at that point. I had to do a batt pull. I then tried to restore again but this time to miui. Same problem freeze at the same location, but when I tried to restore CM7 nightly the phone did not freeze up and successfully restored my cm7 nightly.

I then downloaded nightly #34 and installed it without issues. I then tried to backup using clockworkMod and during the backup the phone froze on at sd card again.

Does this sound to you guys/gals that I have a problem with my sd card? Has anyone heard of this problem? It just seems that I can backup my current cm7 nightly or restore any other rom other than the CM7 nightly I saved previously. Also when in recovery the usual green lettering is now in orange. Is this correct or was this a part of the clockwork mod update to v3.0.0.7?
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post
    Hi all,

I am experiencing a problem possibly with my SD card and would love some advise.

Recently I got on board with CM7 nightlies. Since that time I have not flashed any other roms until today.

When I tried to restore a previous rom saved on the SD card (micromod gingerbread) the restore got to the point of sd card...app-private and would get frozen at that point. I had to do a batt pull. I then tried to restore again but this time to miui. Same problem freeze at the same location, but when I tried to restore CM7 nightly the phone did not freeze up and successfully restored my cm7 nightly.

I then downloaded nightly #34 and installed it without issues. I then tried to backup using clockworkMod and during the backup the phone froze on at sd card again.

Does this sound to you guys/gals that I have a problem with my sd card? Has anyone heard of this problem? It just seems that I can backup my current cm7 nightly or restore any other rom other than the CM7 nightly I saved previously. Also when in recovery the usual green lettering is now in orange. Is this correct or was this a part of the clockwork mod update to v3.0.0.7?
    I have read nothing but bad things about RM & CW. Maybe its time u use Amon_RA Recovery instead. But note their nandroid backups are not universal. It has to be restored with their respective recoveries.

I am actually experiencing the exact same problem right now!
    I am trying to go back from LeoGingerbread to MMGingerbread v.20. I get to "Restoring sd-ext" and then it freezes, tried leaving it 15min and nothing. I have had to do battery pulls as well. Not sure if SD card ext is damaged or what...I may try and do an advanced restore and not restore "sd-ext" then use Titanium to restore apps that were in sd-ext. I'll let you know...
    Nexus One (AT&T version)
    ROM: SuperOSR-ST@-Nexus-2.2.0-AW
    Radio: 5.12.00.08
    HBOOT: 0.35.0017
    [b]Recovery:4EXT Recovery Control
    Rooted using: Universal Androot 1.6.2 beta 5
    SD Card: 16GB Class 4 SD, 1GB Ext4

I got all my apps back that way but my status bar at the top is missing...no time, no date, no notifications or anything....I just tried flashing recovery back to 2.5.1.4
    and will try a recovery that way...if not I guess fresh install and hope.
    Nexus One (AT&T version)

Ok so I got past sd-ext using 2.5.1.4 But there was still some wonkiness..no status bar still. I did make the backup using 3.0.0.5 though. I am now trying to install a backup that was made using 2.5.1.4 about 1-2 weeks ago, I also made sure to do the 3 wipe rule on everything except sd-FAT, we'll keep our fingers crossed and see...
    Nexus One (AT&T version)

No go...still no status bar or home screen also no apps unless I run TB...WTF! I'm gonna backup my sd card to the PC and then format the card entirely
    Nexus One (AT&T version)

Ok so far I have found that my SD-EXT was for some reason formatted to EXT4, I am positive I had it formatted to EXT3, When I flashed LeoGinger somehow it must have formatted SD EXT to EXT4, I reformatted it to EXT3 and and trying to restore a backup now...
    Nexus One (AT&T version)

That sort of worked. i now have a all my apps after a restore but my status bar is still gone...:confused: Anyone have any suggestions?
    Nexus One (AT&T version)

Ok really frustrated right now! I even did a full wipe and clean install and I still have no status bar at the top of the screen at all...WTF! How can it still have no status bar after a clean wipe and install?
    Nexus One (AT&T version)

I posted this problem over at XDA a few days back and I got this response from rugmankc:

"I have those issues too. Recently, after a while of flashing nightlies, I tried to restore an HD Micro rom and also flash an eVil HD rom. Both failed. Reformatted and partitioned the sd card, problem solved.

This is not the first time. Seems like, for me anyway, the HD roms and roms like CM and MIUI handle a2sd/DT differently and may mess up the sdext. Not sure."

I personally have decided to just stick with nightlies for a while, but when I do feel the urge to flash something else I will do as rugmankc has advised. Hope this helps bro.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links