clockwork recovery issue

This is a discussion on clockwork recovery issue within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by pauli Still might switch to Amon as I was happy with it on my old hero :-) Very impressed with the N1 ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: clockwork recovery issue

Quote Originally Posted by pauli View Post
    Still might switch to Amon as I was happy with it on my old hero :-)

Very impressed with the N1 so far apart from the occasional screen jitters.
    U should ..................or maybe JUST DO IT! :D

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    It's been awhile, but I think you have to delete these lines also

See if anyone supports me or do a little research

/system/etc/install-recovery.sh
    /system/recovery-from-boot.p
    Having same issue, where do I find these two lines????
    Thanks for help

They're on your phone's system

Use Root Explorer and follow the paths, if there, you need to tap on Mount R/W at top of screen to delete. Then remount as R/O.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Oh, definitely get shot of CW Recovery - I put the latest RA on and everything just works properly.

Also flashed CM 6.1.1. and my screen jitters have all but gone - only occurred once in the last 24 hours whereas with the stock 2.2.1 ROM I was getting issues every few minutes.

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Just FYI Pauli

Most folks would recommend booting into CW thru an app like Quick Boot as opposed to using RM

Also, on the RM menu is the option to flash Amon_Ra--like it a lot better

But, bu's with CW need restored with CW and Amon with Amon

Be careful of CW 3.+ Script issues
    I've just had my first bad experience with the current RM/CW. I got stuck backing up the sd-ext partition. At least it was with backup and not restore but that's got me worried. I guess it's time to look for an alternate solution that works with a locked bootloader...

I was having the same problem Johno. Danger Rat recommended I switch to an older version of CWM Recovery. He suggested 2.5.1.4 and it has worked flawlessly for me ever since. I lik RM. It'as simple and easy.

Thanks dudewithaplan. I will do likewise and see what happens. For interest's sake, I found this explanation for the different CW versions and why there may be problems.

[NOTICE] ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0+ and update-script - xda-developers

Or you could always just switch to Amon RA that is the first thing I'm doing when I get my phone fixed.

K, something weird...

I just had the easiest upgrade experience ever but I'm just waiting for something bad to happen. I had an issue with RomManager so I booted to CW recovery myself, erased the cache (not data) and installed Rod's MIUI 2.9 - I was running 2.7.1 previously. The system came back up with all my apps installed as I left them, including LP+. They all seem to be working fine.

I know it's a new ROM because there was a typo in the old menu that's fixed and I see new menu items. Is this type of upgrade normal? I've always gone through the pain of a full wipe then restoring everything with Titanium and it takes a while to get back to normal. Maybe because I was upgrading within the same ROM family, I got away with it??

Depends on how similar the ROMs are really...

I know a lot of people just wipe cache and dalvik when updating to a newer version of the same ROM. If you ever start getting errors, or weird behavior, you can always boot back into recover and wipe again...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links