Can I install a 2.3 ROM if I rooted using the one click root(and other questions)

This is a discussion on Can I install a 2.3 ROM if I rooted using the one click root(and other questions) within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Right now, I am using Enomther's excellent ROM (TheOfficial Nexus1 v2.14.4), on froyo (2.2.1). As 2.3 is out, I've been constantly getting the popup to ...

Thread: Can I install a 2.3 ROM if I rooted using the one click root(and other questions)

Can I install a 2.3 ROM if I rooted using the one click root(and other questions)

Right now, I am using Enomther's excellent ROM (TheOfficial Nexus1 v2.14.4), on froyo (2.2.1). As 2.3 is out, I've been constantly getting the popup to install it and it's really irritating. I don't think Enomther is going to release an update any time soon, from what I saw on his xda thread I understand that he's taking a break from ROM developing and wont be doing any updates for a while.
    I want to get rid of the update popup so I need some advice on how I should do it. Should I flash the stock image and ROM, reverting to stock froyo, and then update to 2.3 stock?
    or can I flash a custom 2.3 ROM without having to do the manual root?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't see why you can't flash a 2.3 ROM.
    I went from stock root to CM 6.1 to CM7
    Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED
    Cyanogen Mod Nightly ROM

I was under the impression that you had to do the manual root, instead of the one click root, to use a custom 2.3 ROM. is this not the case?

No the only limitation that using superoneclick, universal androot or z4root (depending on the android version) gives you is access to fastboot because for that you need and unlocked bootloader other than that it's all the same.

oh, that's good news. Thanks a lot !

I'm runnin 2.3 and i did the one click root, but if u use the video camera a lot, i dont really recommend it. But It's a GREAT ROM!!!!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links