Help Now Please!!!!

This is a discussion on Help Now Please!!!! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I had CyanogenMod7 on my nexus one (how it came on craigslist) and I was attempting to get the stock android for it. when I ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Now Please!!!!

I had CyanogenMod7 on my nexus one (how it came on craigslist) and I was attempting to get the stock android for it. when I attempted to install the rom through rom manager it just went into a bootloop and kept playing the nexus boot animation over and over.

So now I am trying to get back to the CyanogenMod7 backup which I am pretty sure I made successfully through rom manager also.

Well, you have a stock recovery (android and exclamation), so you can't flash anything that way...

Easiest way to get to stock is to follow the unroot/restore guide in the link below, then load the updates one at once.

This will wipe all your data - do you care?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...ore_your_Nexus

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

But if you want everything stock and still have root access, they have a rom for that too. :rofl3:

[ROM] GRI40 Stock, Deodexed, rooted, busybox, battery %, TB alert 2/25/11 - xda-developers

That's what I've been using, works great! I would suggest you get "Stock Gingerbread OTA rooted with busybox." Because it has no extras from the stock and sounds exactly like you want it. Plus you only have to flash that image instead of making your way up from an older Froyo build.

Yes, but right now, he has no recovery, and no working ROM. The only way to install anything other than passimg, is to unlock the bootloader...

Quote Originally Posted by Snickolaz View Post
    But if you want everything stock and still have root access, they have a rom for that too. :rofl3:

[ROM] GRI40 Stock, Deodexed, rooted, busybox, battery %, TB alert 2/25/11 - xda-developers

That's what I've been using, works great! I would suggest you get "Stock Gingerbread OTA rooted with busybox." Because it has no extras from the stock and sounds exactly like you want it. Plus you only have to flash that image instead of making your way up from an older Froyo build.
    Neat ! I just might try it

Yikes. Well, I appreciate the help Danger, I think I'm going to take it to someone to get it going properly. I really don't know what I'm doing here. I tried following the instructions to get the stock rom going again but I was unsuccessful.

I do have another question though. If I were to get the stock rom back on it, will I get OTA updates from htc the same way I would if it was not rooted?

Thanks again for all the help.

Yes, once you put the stock image back on, it will pretty much be like all the other stock phones out there...

It's really easy to do. You just put a file on your SD card, then hold volume down while powering up the phone.

If you wanna give it a shot, download the file from the link below, rename it to passimg.zip, and place it on your SD card (not in any folder). Hold volume down and power to boot the phone, and the phone will do the rest...

Here's the file:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?dxwh5l4b5ygh6nf

I have tried the PASSIMG.zip way, and it won't read the images in the file. I think the problem I'm running into is that it has a later version of hboot... .35 I think, instead of .33.

I don't know how to downgrade hboot. If its not too hard I will give it a shot.

Also, it might be because I have S-on instead of S-off. I don't know how to change that either. I read it at another message board.

Downgrading the hboot can be a pain, or at least finding the files can be...

Only other option I can suggest is to unlock the bootloader, which is very easy, but some people don't feel comfortable with it...

If its easy enough for me not to brick it, I'd be happy to try.

Will there be any other issues because the bootloader is unlocked?

If not, I will definitely give it a shot.
    Also, when I turn the phone on there is a little unlocked icon at the bottom of the screen. Not sure if that means its already done or not.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links