Help Now Please!!!!

This is a discussion on Help Now Please!!!! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; That means your bootloader is already unlocked. Go download a recovery image, but not Clockwork 3.x Next, go look at the guide I wrote on ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help Now Please!!!!

That means your bootloader is already unlocked. Go download a recovery image, but not Clockwork 3.x

Next, go look at the guide I wrote on how to set up the SDK.
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...e-windows.html

Once you have the SDK set up, put the recovery image in the same folder as the SDK tools, connect with fastboot and type:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

(where recovery.img is the name of the recovery image you have)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Okay. Exciting turn of events. I did not do any of that... but still somehow... when I turned on my phone, this time android 2.2 is on it! it says build frf91.

Not sure what the deal is but I am not getting any system updates. Should I be? I did the *#*#checkin#*#* thing and it was successful but still no updates. Should I be worried that I can't get OTAs? Is there a way I can check?

Well, that's interesting...
    You should get the updates, but it may take a while, since you're on an older version.

You can try updating manually.
    Just download the file I suggested for the passimg method, rename it to update.zip and place on your sd (not in any folder). Boot into recovery, and apply update.zip...

well. I did that and when it I pressed recovery it restarted and then an exclamation point came up. I don't really know what to do from there.

still no updates though. So do I have to go from frf91 to frf83 or can I jump to the latest froyo and see if I get the gingerbread ota update from there?

When you get to the android and exclamation, you need to press peer and volume up together (power just before volume up). That will show the menu, where you can select to install update.zip

You still need to go from FRF91 to FRG33, to FRG83, to FRG83D, to FRG83G, and finally to Gingerbread...

I have all the files, so I can give you links (or just Google "passion" and the file you want like FRG33 to FRG83).

Okay. I got there and it says theres no signature verification and aborted. Also installed Tom manager and it says this rom can't get otas.

I was half anticipating that, I suspect you were not on CM7 like you said, but were on CM6...

Can you open terminal emulator (download from market if you don't already have it). Type in "su" without the quotes, and let me know what happens?

Permission denied.

Do you have the Superuser app in your app drawer?

I did not. But I do now q

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links