super one click doesnt work on Gingerbread?

This is a discussion on super one click doesnt work on Gingerbread? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have a rooted Nexus One with Locked bootloader with system version 2.2.2 and I replaced the MMS.apk in the /system/app. I'm getting the System ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: super one click doesnt work on Gingerbread?

Post Update to Gingerbread

I have a rooted Nexus One with Locked bootloader with system version 2.2.2 and I replaced the MMS.apk in the /system/app.
    I'm getting the System Update notification of Gingerbread.
    Should I put back the Original MMS.apk before I run the Update? (since I made a backup)
    Will I still be rooted after I update? (I need the root access cause I will need to replace again the MMS.apk)
    Should I download a pre-rooted version of Gingerbread?
    Thanks

You can reinstall the apk, and upgrade to stock GB, but you will lose root. You may aswell just flash a pre-rooted version, and save yourself some hassle...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

To Flash a pre-rooted version of Gingerbread, I will need to unlock the bootloader, right?

If you haven't updated to GB, and you're already rooted, just install a custom recovery and flash a pre-rooted GB...

If you have updated to Gingerbread, you have two options...

1- unlock the bootloader, install custom recovery, flash pre-rooted GB or flash su.zip

2- use the passimg method to revert to an earlier version of android, root, install custom recovery, install pre-rooted GB

Smile

Thanks danger-rat, for your help. I manage to do it. I installed ClockworkMod and did as you told me. Thanks again.
    I have another small problem, I think you can help me. I tried to replace the Mms.apk but it did not worked. It tells me out of space but it still coping the file anyways. Also when I try to redo the backup Mms.apk it did not work. Do you have any ideas?
    Thanks Again for the Update help.

How are you trying to move/install it?

On Froyo I just used adb commands to replace my Mms.apk to the /system/app I'm managing to copy it but its not loading or something. When I also tried to put back the original it did the same.
    Thanks

Hi danger-rat,
    I managed to install it. :D
    Thanks very Much

Is it possible to use this method through rom manager. The thing is I have a stock gingerbread 2.3.3 and my phone has a broken power button. I really would like to root my phone and try out CM 7. I canīt seem to find a step by step guideline for me to use! Can anyone help me!

I donīt have any problem with having to unlock my bootloader if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    For anyone trying to root Gingerbread without unlocking the bootloader, you have a few more hoops to jump through.

Currently, there is no available root for Gingerbread, but there is a work around. You can revert to an earlier version of Android, root by the older methods, then install a pre-rooted version of Gingerbread.

Reverting is very easy, just download this file to the root of your SD (not in any folder):
    http://db.tt/1Swvw7Z
    Then, boot the phone into the bootloader by holding volume down and power, when turning the phone on. You will be asked if you want to install the image, and this will revert you to FRG33.

NOTE: This will wipe your data and settings, so back up as much as you can (MyBackup, AppMonster, or whatever you prefer).

Once you have reverted to FRG33, you can root by this method:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...e-windows.html

You can then find a pre-rooted Gingerbread ROM, or any other ROM you wish to try...

You need root to be able to use ROM Manager, so no, you can't use it to root your phone...

That pretty much was a step by step guide. What are you struggling with?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links