super one click doesnt work on Gingerbread?

This is a discussion on super one click doesnt work on Gingerbread? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Yes donīt get me wrong your guide is great, Iīm just not rooted yet. So how can I root my phone with a broken powerbutton, ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: super one click doesnt work on Gingerbread?

Yes donīt get me wrong your guide is great, Iīm just not rooted yet. So how can I root my phone with a broken powerbutton, donīt want to risk anything. And after Iīm rooted how do I convert to an older android build with no power button.

What version of Android are you running?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

2.3.3 gingerbread

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    What version of Android are you running?

Then the first thing you need to do is the passimg trick to revert to an older version of android. Download the FRG33 image noted above, rename it to passimg.zip and place it on the root of your SD card (not in a folder).

To boot into hboot you will need to power down your phone, then connect to a charger, pull the battery, and then hold the volume down while re-inserting the battery. You may have to make a few attempts, but eventually your phone will boot - keep holding volume down for a few seconds...

Your phone will find the file, and ask if you want to install it...

First do like danger-rat told you.
    If you need more info check this link
    Nexus One/Guides & Tutorials - XDA-Developers

After downgrading to Froyo. Root the Device. You can use super-one-click

To get a rooted Gingerbread you can follow link.
    Android. How to install Gingerbread (2.3.3 – GRI40) on your rooted Nexus One

Ok thank you so much... just hope this works.

I have reverted to that older version of android, how ever I have a problem installing the nexus one driver on my pc. Every instruction I can find on the subject wants me to turn of my phone an go into fastboot, where I need to use my power button to select some things. Like I said earlier the power button on my phone is broken.

Is there any way around this, what is my next step, or am I doomed to fail?

You can do the battery trick when you need the power button. To get into fastboot, just plug the charger in, power down, pull the battery, then hold the trackball down for a few seconds while re-inserting the battery (may take a few attempts)...

Danger you are a legend, thank you so much, Iīm rooted!

I am a noob at this so what do I do next. Usually people backup their stuff now before installing a new rom. But I backed up my data before I reverted to older android, which was good because it wiped my phone.

If I install a new rom now will it wipe my phone, and will I loose superuser permission? Is it best to set everything up on this rom and then install titanium to back it up, or is it best to install a new rom and then set everything up?

Oh and the last question, what is the best method to install a new rom (with broken powerbutton)? Can I do it through rom manager? Like I said NOOB

Sweet!! xD

Make a backup now, incase you have trouble installing a new rom. That way, you have something to fall back on (though you could always redo the passimg stuff).

You can backup and install through ROM Manager, or directly from recovery. You probably want to install Quick Boot, which lets you boot into recovery, bootloader, etc, without using your power button. Some roms come with it, some don't...

You also probably want a trackball wake, or similar, so you can wake your screen without the poorer button...

Custom roms come pre-rooted, and there's also a pre-rooted version of all the stock roms, so there's no reason to lose root. I would just find the rom you want, and install it (take note, each rom has it's own suggestions on how to install, so read first)...

Restore your stuff to the new rom, and then make another backup...

ok I did something wrong and now my phone wont start up. The thing is I flashed cm7 rc2 and it worked great. However there was no gmail and google maps (still had the marked and all the other google apps). So I thought I must have done something wrong in while installing. So I downloaded google apps addon again an put it on the root of my sd card, and installed again. Now when my phone tries to start up I get to the cyanegon logo and am stuck there?

Can anyone help me, I donīt know if I can boot into recovery because I have a broken power button, and I donīt know what to do when Iīm there.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links