super one click doesnt work on Gingerbread?

This is a discussion on super one click doesnt work on Gingerbread? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; To get into recovery you can download a recovery image to your pc, and place out in the same folder as your fastboot. Connect your ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: super one click doesnt work on Gingerbread?

To get into recovery you can download a recovery image to your pc, and place out in the same folder as your fastboot. Connect your phone in fastboot mode, and confirm fastboot connection (type "fastboot devices", and make sure it sees your phone).

You can then boot into the recovery by typing:
    fastboot boot recovery.img
    (where recovery.img is the name of the recovery you downloaded).

Your problem is likely to be fixed by either wiping dalvik and cache from recovery, or by re-flashing gapps (you need a GB specific gapps, so make sure you have the right package). You could also do a complete wipe, and try flashing everything again.

Let me know if you have any more problems...?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

ok thanks but I donīt know where to type fastboot device, I rooted my phone through superoneclick, and donīt know anything about how to manually do this stuff..

What if I put my memory card into another device, put the passimg.zip on the root, and then would put it back in my phone and start over like the last time... would that work or do I need to manually wipe something?

Iīm just asking because like I said earlier Iīm a total noob at this. What do you think is best?

Ok well first off I thought you couldn't use fastboot if you had a locked bootloader? care to elaborate danger??

Where you would use fastboot commands is in a terminal environment (cmd if your on windows) to get to cmd go to click on run (on your computer) or use the keyboard shortcut (windows-logo + r) and then type in cmd you will have a black screen with some righting navigate to where ever you have you the android sdk installed by typing cd directory (where directory is the directory (place) you want to go to) and do this till you get to the tools folder then you should be good if you have the android SDK and drivers set up.

Though yes you could just passimg, root and flash cm7 rc2 if you want.

Thank you guys I donīt know where I would be without you to encourage me. I was starting to panic there just for a minute. I did the passimg thing again and it was no problem for the second time. rom manager is downloading cyanogen as Iīm typing, just hope it works out!

No problem hope it works out for you.

Dude!! You're the man!

About ten minutes after I wrote that I left the house to run some errands, and then realized I'd made an error. Glad you were around...

You both nailed it - the only option was to redo the passimg...

Junior Member curiositykilledthepat's Avatar
    Hi! I'm having the same problem as DivinDuck. My N1 is currently on Gingerbread 2.3.3 an my power button is broken so I can't unlock the bootloader. I wanna root my phone to get themes and apps. Reading the previous msgs explains why superoneclick hangs in the middle of rooting.

I tried following what dangerrat said and jasondebono.
    I downloaded the FRG33 ROM (Passion-FRG33.zip - Google, Nexus, One,, N1,, Passion,, FRG33) and this one as well Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!. Both of which do not work.

I'm already in the hboot screen (the white one with the 3 skateboards). It scans a little but shows the message "no image found." I tried waiting longer but nothing's happening.

What did I do wrong? Should I download a lower version ROM? Please please help me my brain's getting screwed since yesterday trying to figure this thing out

link doesnt work to dl frg33 can u post up another dl link for it?

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    For anyone trying to root Gingerbread without unlocking the bootloader, you have a few more hoops to jump through.

Currently, there is no available root for Gingerbread, but there is a work around. You can revert to an earlier version of Android, root by the older methods, then install a pre-rooted version of Gingerbread.

Reverting is very easy, just download this file to the root of your SD (not in any folder):
    http://db.tt/1Swvw7Z
    Then, boot the phone into the bootloader by holding volume down and power, when turning the phone on. You will be asked if you want to install the image, and this will revert you to FRG33.

NOTE: This will wipe your data and settings, so back up as much as you can (MyBackup, AppMonster, or whatever you prefer).

Once you have reverted to FRG33, you can root by this method:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...e-windows.html

You can then find a pre-rooted Gingerbread ROM, or any other ROM you wish to try...

So, anyway... This empty beer bottle in my hand doesn't work anymore... xD
    http://db.tt/UJ6t6fk

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

thank you for your awesomeness

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links