Well I think it's bricked

This is a discussion on Well I think it's bricked within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Where are you in canada? I have an extra battery, but I'm in Winnipeg.. Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well I think it's bricked

Where are you in canada? I have an extra battery, but I'm in Winnipeg..

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Nexus One: "Hold it any way you want to!"

I think that's a little far cause I'm in Quebec so...

The phone won't work without the battery, unless you jumper some of the usb leads.

The battery is also semi-intelligent, so if the phone can't determine which battery is installed, it won't boot or charge.

The idea is that if you remove the battery for a while, the phone may have a better job of detecting it later (our something like that - not really my strong point, but I've seen it work with my wifes mt4g this morning).

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Ok well I left it on the charger (with the battery) since yesterday at about 5:00 pm and still nothing so I think I'm going to leave it plugged just encase and see if I can get my hands on another battery then we'll see what that brings I really hope this works.

Try holding the power button when you put the battery back in. That's what i have to do sometimes.

Thanks dude but that was one of the first things I tried appreciate the suggestion though.

One last suggestion...do you have another charger? Maybe even USB cable to PC...if your charger has a broken wire or bad connection it could also do this. Might want to also eliminate the charger/wire as the possible issue as well.
    Nexus One (AT&T version)
    ROM: SuperOSR-ST@-Nexus-2.2.0-AW
    Radio: 5.12.00.08
    HBOOT: 0.35.0017
    [b]Recovery:4EXT Recovery Control
    Rooted using: Universal Androot 1.6.2 beta 5
    SD Card: 16GB Class 4 SD, 1GB Ext4

I though of that to but then again it would be kind of a bad coincidence I tried on another USB wall charger and it didn't charge so I think it will really have to be the battery.

Do you have a DMM or Voltmeter to measure the voltage? Even if the battery shows full, that's with no load so it's no guarantee that it's good and will power the phone but if it shows low then you'll know it's got a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Ok well what happened was that I flashed cm7 two nights ago and didn't have time to make a nandroid backup so I though no big deal so I made one yesterday right after making a TB so I was totally backed up. The thing is that that took up allot of battery I guess because that night I was out and my battery was close to dying but I didn't have a charger and though it could last the night and would charge it when I got home, wrong. It dyed
    Dude, This thread breaks my heart

did the battery die while you were doing the nandroid, or when you were in recovery?
    I'm no expert... but i'm thinking if the juice ran out before you had a clean reboot... it might have been the cause... that's just my 2cents..

Hope your N1 gets well soon!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links