Well I think it's bricked

This is a discussion on Well I think it's bricked within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by jonno2k Do you have a DMM or Voltmeter to measure the voltage? Even if the battery shows full, that's with no load ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well I think it's bricked

Quote Originally Posted by jonno2k View Post
    Do you have a DMM or Voltmeter to measure the voltage? Even if the battery shows full, that's with no load so it's no guarantee that it's good and will power the phone but if it shows low then you'll know it's got a problem.
    Unfortunately no I don't have any tools to measure the voltage but I did buy another battery and it should be shipping out hoping to get it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Ok well what happened was that I flashed cm7 two nights ago and didn't have time to make a nandroid backup so I though no big deal so I made one yesterday right after making a TB so I was totally backed up. The thing is that that took up allot of battery I guess because that night I was out and my battery was close to dying but I didn't have a charger and though it could last the night and would charge it when I got home, wrong. It dyed
    Dude, This thread breaks my heart

did the battery die while you were doing the nandroid, or when you were in recovery?
    I'm no expert... but i'm thinking if the juice ran out before you had a clean reboot... it might have been the cause... that's just my 2cents..

Hope your N1 gets well soon!
    Thank you aseems but no it did not die during the nandroid I check battery life before booting into recovery and make sure I have at least 50% before even thinking about it. Although I appreciate the input. You are right about the reboot thought that could very well have caused issues.

Although the good thing is if I do have any issues with data I'm fully backed up so I have nothing to worry about on that front

Fingers crossed on the new battery Dude!

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

When you say fully backed up..... do you mean to your computer or microSD card

My prayers and best wishes

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    When you say fully backed up..... do you mean to your computer or microSD card
    Both well I can say that now that you made me think of it

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    My prayers and best wishes
    Thank you very much aseems I appreciate the moral support

You don't need my prayers and wishes, cuz all will be fine... I just know it will

Unhappy Well this is probably the saddest post of my life...

Well I got the two new batteries today and well still no charging light and still doesn't turn on so my guess that title of this thread should be "well it is bricked" sorry guys but I guess this is it, unless I can get the money for another nexus one and me who was hopping my next phone was going to be an Atrix :/

Dude, that sucks!
    Might as well send it in to HTC, and find out what the repair costs will be...?

New signature:
    If I've helped you out, then please consider donating to the Dude's new phone fund!

Ya I might as well send it to htc now I mean even if it will cost me an arm and a leg to fix it doesn't matter it doesn't work anyway :/

And thanks for the new sign I think I just might for the fun of it I'm going to put that in just under "2-25-2011 Bricked it " Although thanks I did lol a little when I read that so it puts some joy back in my day, thanks man

Man, I'm sorry Dude! Maybe they can fix it for significantly less than replacing it *fingers crossed*

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links