Google Music Cloud

This is a discussion on Google Music Cloud within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Anyone try this out yet? Google Music Mysteriously Syncing to the Cloud on Android 2.3.3 ROMs - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog...

Thread: Google Music Cloud

Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yes, but it resets everytime I reboot...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Guess Google is still working out the bugs before the final release.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

I believe it's still a work in progress, but it's a great idea. I'm just wondering how much data they will let you sync?

I currently use SkyTunes, which syncs directly to my home computer (so I have access to 100+ gigs of music from my phone)... Would be interesting to see how this compares?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Question

So do you also keep your home computer running all the time that you will access its music using the cloud?

What network do you use?

Big bump there...
    Since the last post, Google has released their beta test of the cloud music service. They host your music - you just upload it and you can access it from pretty much any internet connected device! I love it!!

music.google.com

I guess I'm old fashioned but I hate wasting bandwidth! I installed Subsonic on my home server and they make a great Android app to go with it. I can stream music and videos anywhere in the world as well but when I'm at home, it's just on my local LAN.

Granted not everybody can or wants to have a home server but it gives me total control and doesn't waste BW when I don't need to. For this reason I won't use cloud storage for stuff like music.

Subsonic Free Music Streamer

I've used AudioGalaxy, which is essentially the same thing as SubSonic, but I figured that since I'm mostly away from Home I would rather use someone else's bandwidth (Google) rather than my own home bandwidth. I also like the idea that all my music is backed up for free...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links